Fury AVForums Blu-Ray Review

Thank you for the review Cas,
I am still undecided about buying this one!

i enjoyed this film,watched it twice now with friends the second time, very good performances from all involved and any film that can get a decent performance from shia lebouef cant be bad, good story and enough action,

I enjoyed this film, found it something different with the tank focus, and good acting all around, plus the dirt and destruction, was a good film, got the amazon exclusive on the way for £13

I enjoyed this film, found it something different with the tank focus, and good acting all around, plus the dirt and destruction, was a good film, got the amazon exclusive on the way for £13
I thought Fury was going to be an HMV exclusive ?

It thought this was great, good performances all round and pretty complicated characters as well for a two hour movie.

I think it had just enough action really, no need to go over the top as you lose the character development then.

The ending was the only let down for me as you really can't see any of what's going on for long periods of time, it doesnt add to the tension at all it just makes what is already a slow paced film a bit more dragged out, whether or not that's intended or they just couldn't be bothered refilming certain parts I don't know, as you really can't see a lot.

Just to add what are you watching these blurays on?

Office projector or at home on a TV?

I thought Fury was going to be an HMV exclusive ?

Fury is an HMV steelbook exclusive. The Amazon exclusive is the amaray but with a book. Quite tempted by the Amazon one but not sure I want to blind-buy.

I shall be getting this from Sainsburys in store Monday for the usual £12.99 hopefully.

I love movies with big bangs in they really make my system shine:clap: BUT why does this not have a 7.1 soundtrack, all this talk of Atmos and we can't even get 7.1 other than the odd exception.:(

I end up using Neo X on most things these days to get a full fat 9.2 experience.:D

After the gritty realism of well made, thoughtful and sobering films like Saving Private Ryan, Hurt Locker and American Sniper it's good to know that Hollywood can still do the laughable, cringeworthy war films as well.

The ending is soooo far fetched it reminded me of those "Commando" comics I read as a child which made me grow up thinking the Krauts were all buffoons and we won the war at a canter.

To me (and my 3 friends who saw it with me and all felt the same) it was like Brad Pitt got bored with the Spielberg style and thought he would give it a Tarantino makeover for the last half hour.

I've never ranted on the forums before...it feels good to get things off your chest .

All very much in my own opinion of course.

Some nuanced performances let down by some over top and unbelievable action esp at the end

Last edited:
Excellent review, thanks.

Took a bit of time to get into this but I was won over by Pitt's performance. This isn't really on the same planet as Saving Private Ryan from me as the director likes to make shouty films -but looking forward to seeing it again and it may grow on me over the years.

That's bad news about the US Blu-ray having black crush™ I like most people like my blacks folded and tidy. Crushing stuff just ain't cool.

sO4eBlL.jpg

CxdkeyG.jpg

picture and audio is great. the movie itself........ Damn i was looking forward to this. Also because they used a real tiger tank (from bovington museum) instead of all the bad builds like in SPR, BoB etc (great movies and series).

But the end battle was the worst for me. How hard is it to take out a boken tank when you have a couple of germans with panzerfausts? Well i guess that is hollywood :p

They need to make more and better war movies :)

Last edited:
spoiler alert..................

Would the german guy really have let the bloke who ruthlessly machine gunned his mates live?

Please use spoiler tags for spoilers. Tags added by me.

Got the sainsburys version today, can't wait to give it a spin. I like the film, it ain't legendary or anything but it does alright until the preposterous finale.

Picked it up from Sainsburys earlier and just finished watching it, as long as you don't compare it to SPR/BOB it's a great movie, great soundtrack and the shells & bullets whizzing around was pretty spectacular especially at near reference.:D

I am sure I will use it for demo material.:smashin:

Picked it up from Sainsburys earlier and just finished watching it, as long as you don't compare it to SPR/BOB it's a great movie, great soundtrack and the shells & bullets whizzing around was pretty spectacular especially at near reference.:D

I am sure I will use it for demo material.:smashin:
Just picked up the HMV Steelbook. Pizza, Lights off, amp on fairly high (sorry neighbours) and Jim Beam in hand

Picked up the Sainsburys release today and it looks like it suffers from the same issue of crushed blacks as the US version.

Sainsbury's extra content:

UNe3Sre.jpg

@ Megson, the Hurt locker is a terrible film, that's more over the top than this, believe anyone who has served and seen EOD in action knows how "laughable" it is.

Fury is twenty times the movie that garbage is.

@ Megson, the Hurt locker is a terrible film, that's more over the top than this, believe anyone who has served and seen EOD in action knows how "laughable" it is.

Fury is twenty times the movie that garbage is.
Hello Mike

If you have actual experience of EOD's in action I wouldn't insult you with an argument because I totally respect people who serve their country.

I know that there was criticism of Hurt Locker for some military inaccuracies but someone must have liked it because it won 6 Oscars including best picture and best director. I do not think it is a terrible film but it wouldn't do for us all to like the same thing.

On the subject of EOD's in action, one of the things that irritated me with Fury was the scene where a grenade explodes in the confines of the tank but leaves one of the crew looking like he died in his sleep. Truly laughable in my opinion.

I

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom