Fury (24 Oct 2014)

How did you rate this film?

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Brad Pitt in talks to star in writer/director David Ayer's (End of Watch, upcoming TEN, aka Breacher) WWII drama Fury.
The action takes place in 1945 as the Nazi regime collapses and the five-man crew of an American tank called Fury battles a desperate German army.

Ayer;
Bring a fresh execution to the genre. What these men went through is worthy of a complex, honest portrayal. This will have incredible, visceral action and complex rich characters. I plan to bring tank combat to life in a way that lands with a modern audience.

Fury is not your father's WWII movie, it digs deep into the complexities of battlefield heroism.

Edit - Sony Pictures wins auction for Fury

Last edited:
Percy Jackson star Logan Lerman is the latest actor to join David Ayer's upcoming World War II tank thriller Fury. He will join Brad Pitt and Shia LeBeouf in the really cool sounding film. According to the report, Lerman will play a character named Norman Ellison, "an Army typist and the youngest and most inexperienced member of the crew who is thrust into being a tank gunner."

meh I can't stand Shia

I would be really interested in seeing a decent WWII film focusing on a tank crew actually. I do echo the Shia LeBeouf dislike but you never know.

No doubt it will be full of clichés - 'Abrams crew member kisses photograph and whispers "this one's for you Mary Sue!" while lining up the final 50/50 shot at the nemesis Nazi Tank Commander, hopefully played by Christoph Waltz - at the rear end of the Tiger Tank of course, Kelly's heroes taught us that one!'

:D

Cast - Brad Pitt, Logan Lerman, Shia LaBeouf, Michael Pena, Scott Eastwood, Jon Bernthal

Official promo photo

NldHxfu.jpg

Jason Isaacs will play a "confident captain and veteran on the team that Pitt's character looks to for advice."

I'll give it a go as long as shia doesn't start with his attention seeking stunts again which could put me right off watching this.

Liking the look of the first trailer. Maybe not quite Saving Private Ryan, but hopefully not Pearl Harbour bad...
*fingers crossed*

Yeah i'm still interested in this. I always enjoy a good WWII movie. Still hoping for some entertaining Tank to Tank battles. That doesn't seem to be the case in this one though. :(

Am in been waiting on a good WW II for a long time..

The London Film Festival (Oct 8-19) will close with the European premiere of Fury on October 19 screening at Odeon Leicester Square. The film opens nationwide on the 24th.

Will be attended by Brad Pitt and writer-director David Ayer, while a cinecast from the red carpet...

...and simultaneous screenings will take place at cinemas across the UK....(so Sunday preview screenings, not sure how accurate that last part is, so still needs checking closer to time)

Luke warm reviews it seems.:confused:

Still, not put me off as this is right up my street.

I went to see this at Manchester tonight whilst the wife went to see Lady Ga Ga and it was quite good, not sure if I'd say great but I'll sleep on it!!

One thing that really annoyed me though was during any scenes where bullets/tank shells were flying they had green or red trails, it didn't look right and made me feel like I was watching Star Wars!!!

I went to see this at Manchester tonight whilst the wife went to see Lady Ga Ga and it was quite good, not sure if I'd say great but I'll sleep on it!!

One thing that really annoyed me though was during any scenes where bullets/tank shells were flying they had green or red trails, it didn't look right and made me feel like I was watching Star Wars!!!
I noticed this in the trailer, it struck me as odd too !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom