Quantcast

Furniture for TV and Separates

mike7

Distinguished Member
I'm having difficulty finding a suitable TV stand for all my separates. I want to move away from the pine look I have now. I simply need to mount a 50" TV and have spaces underneath for a central speaker, Denon cinema amp (quite chunky at 44x18cm), Blu-ray player and Virgin box. I'm not in a position to build anything custom-wise and this is only for a smallish room. You would not believe how difficult this is. Most high street suppliers designs allow insufficient space for the amp or the speaker. Many of them have doors which are useless for equipment that requires to be remote controlled. I'm looking for something simple, not overwhelming or expensive. Two floor standing speakers are placed either side. I don't want to be fixing any shelving to the wall. I don't want masses of drawer space which I designers still supply for DVDs and cassettes which people need less nowadays. Any ideas, or similar experiences?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
If you find something you like that fits but has doors I wouldn't let it worry you, very easy to solve with several options. A perfectly functional USB powered IR extender can be had for less than a tenner from Amazon.

cecemf

Hey Mike, have a look at the theone I have it's AMAZING. For Sale - MDA Designs TUCANA 1200 HYBRID WHITE COMPLETE . it's the best piece of furniture I ever bought. I especially love the black glass doors that let the infrared go through without opening them, also the honeycomb black pattern on the inside stopping the lights of the appliance being too shiny or disruptive is amazing.

cecemf

Not spamming mate. True fact.

Justabod

Having this exact problem myself!

Want to move away from the Atacama shelf unit I bought a few years back and get something that hides all the boxes away neatly but really struggling to find anything with shelves big, and deep enough, to accomodate the receiver. It barely fits in my current unit and finding something suitable is proving impossible. Much like yourself finances won't allow a custom unit to be built but sadly it's looking like the only option.
Every unit we see that we like simply doesn't have a shelf big enough to accomodate the receiver, it really surprises me that there is nobody out there making suitable units that I can find.

Top Bottom