Furious with Sky

deadtotheworld

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies in advance as this message is part rant and part desperation that somebody will have some advice or just plain old moral support!

A few months back i had sky movies, sports, hd, multiroom, espn, 3D, sky talk and sky fibre and everything was great, no problems at all... Until I downgraded my package to the minimum tv package with sky talk and fibre. Since then i have had nothing but trouble. Coincidence I wonder?

First my phone got cut off for no reason - after a few weeks of no phone and running up a massive bill calling sky on my mobile, it finally got reconnected.

Next my fibre goes down for a few days. After loads of tests sky decided to send out a new router. About an hour later i got a call saying other people in my area have complained and its a problem with openreach. A few days later its back up and running fine, but I still received a new white router which said dont connect until 20th Dec (it was still november when i recieved it)

So 20th December comes round - No internet. So i call sky and say my fibre is down again. Sky said it had been cancelled! Why? I asked, they didnt know, so i asked them to just turn it back on and obviously it doesnt work like that because openreach had disconnected me and sky needed to arrange with them to reconnect me and it takes 2 weeks. Great no internet over christmas. They assured me my fibre would be back by 3rd Jan. Nope... There was a problem and would take another 2 weeks.

I ran up a £70 bill with talkmobile (usually £7.50 per month) because i went over my 500mb allowance. After many more calls to sky, they said to fix my fibre optic i would have to have a new phone number, which was less than ideal, but they said i could have fibre for £10 a month for a year and the new black router.

Sky fibre was fine for a few weeks, but now im getting download speeds of between 900k and 1.3Mbps then going up to 34Mbps down to 7Mbps back down to 1Mbps within a few minutes in the evenings, so netflix, youtube, ps4 online all unuseable.
More calls to sky - getting passed from pillar to post, sky not answering emails, website says sky fibre has tech support 24/7 but it doesnt its 8am-9pm. I got told i was affected by congestion as the erratic speeds where at night time an openreach were fixing it at the end of the week. Guess what - no difference.

So now im getting slower speeds than normal BB and still paying £10 for the priviledge!

Has anybody experienced such a situation? Is there a phone number to speak to someone higher up or more technical at sky?
I feel like cancelling everything i have with sky and going to BT but if bt use openreach would i still have the crap speeds problem?
Im just so annoyed now because my wife and i do all our banking, shopping, gaming, netflix, catch up tv, need to upload and download things for work and im not getting anywhere with them.

Thanks for reading!

Sounds like its all BTs problem mate or should I say open reach! Can't help with your issue but I can sympathize as its all a pain and while you pay them for a service, it's always you who has to run about trying to get them to fix something they've done wrong!

Hope it gets sorted soon!

Yeah it does sound like an issue with bt openreach, but its just so frustrating when the openreach site says contact your service provider, but sky just seem so unwilling to acknowledge there is much of a problem and escalate it to bt. Everything i seem to ask sky to do or check seems to take a week... For example I phone up sky on the monday, they tell me maintenance is happening on friday so call back on the monday if im still having problems. They are just fobbing me off.
Im just wondering if something like this happened if i was actually with BT they may have more of a sense of urgency to fix stuff, but who knows.

I can promise you that moving to BT will not improve issues with Openreach, you'll just be dealing with a different call centre but facing many of the same problems.

I can only suggest you escalate the issue with Sky and maybe try emailing their CEO directly - this normally gets as respite se from a different team at Sky, often with a named representative you can keep contact with while your problem gets resolved. Hopefully this then improves the information flow about the issue and progress between you, a Sky, and Openreach.

Let's be honest, Openreach is part of BT and they don't priorities others over their own customers.
I had this before just getting a faulty line swapped over (the Sky staff were great by the way).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom