Funny noice coming from car amplifier

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by boryc1982, Apr 24, 2007.

1. boryc1982

boryc1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got my amp wired up in my car with the subwoofers etc etc as per usual.

The trouble is tht the amp is making a weird noise. Its hard to drscribe, ive heard like a buzzing noice, a whislte, or it sounds like my cars electric :) so its pretty hard to explain. The pitch changes when im driving.

Its coming from the amplifier and if you mess with the switches on it bass boost etc the pitch of the noise changes but it doesnt go away.

Ive done a number of things tht i thought or have been told may have affected it. I have changed the leads, i have made sure they are connected probably, no loose connections. I have the RCA running one side with the Power alternate side.

Urm i think thats about it ,:lease: any ideas out their , anyone had this problem or could help i would be grateful , thanks

2. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612

3 reasons...

1 poor ground on earth termninal
    2 poor connection rca' grounding
    3 ground track blown on amp

3. Immy408

Immy408
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's probably a poor ground, where you have grounded it, make sure you sand down the area so that it is a good and clean connection. It may also be a ground loop so make sure that none of your speakers are touching any metal such as supports etc in the door where you have mounted them, this includes the magnets touching any metal, ie any metal part of the speaker which could conduct. Hope this helps :)

4. Kaos_vauxhall

Kaos_vauxhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    geeza its not any of those I think all you need is a noise filter the noise your talking about is a noise like a whistling rite it like when you accelerate it makes that noise or when you rev the engine yeah

You need a filter

Technically known as a LOOP ISOLATOR

it will reduce that noise to nearly nothing and you wont hear it again :hiya: :D