funny but sad !

Mad Mr H

Novice Member
Now dont get me wrong - I love my Barco , well all 6 of them actually!

However I do also like a good plasma too...

NOW loads of people will tell you how good a pioneer is,

their last 50" was not that good,

HOWEVER the new 506 - WOW heres a great story......

Its bright really bright I mean wow! BRIGHT

Did I mention how bright it is.......

SO we get a couple in for demo

Pioneer will have a major recall on their hands within the next few days im sure!

SO BRIGHT IT IS that if you leave the internal DVD menu screen on for 30 minutes - the screen is burnt!
(internal dvd version)

FOREVER

Watch national geographic for 2 ish hours and oh look the same

BURNT FOREVER.....

now someones gonna get burnt fingers!

so as im a crt lover I just thought for anyone who is considering one - go burn yer money!

Sad thing is Pioneer from the start were the only 4:3 format plasmas and fantastic quality - now look....

I would post this in the plasma forum but to be honest I cant be bothered to hear people tell me other wise who to be honest wont have seen it for their own eyes and just believe all they read in a write up where the author gets the products for FREE evaluation......

Rant over.

Jeff

Distinguished Member
Really? You have evidence of this?

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
All plasmas suffer from image retention to some extent, but it generally goes away given enough time. It's always a bit of a shock to see it the first time. The manuals say they are not designed for displaying static images, and that screen burn is not a fault. The image retention that most bothers me is displaying daylight in a night-time scene.

Nick :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom