Funniest film you've seen......

klacey

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok so we have recently had the scariest film you've seen, so as im board stiff at work i thought we could start another one....funniest film.
Mine would have to be happy gilmore with adam sandler, the guy cracks me up.

I'm going to be shot down here but I have never laughed more than during the speedboat scene in Weekend At Bernies...

At the time I saw it I thought Ace Ventura: Pet Detective as the funniest film ever. I've seen it too many times since then so it's been watered down somewhat but i'll give that my vote!:thumbsup:

kung pow - enter the fist. was hilarious the first time i watched it, then the second time it seemed awful.

airplane is still the funniest film ive seen.

Planes Trains and Automobiles

Cheech & Chong - Up In Smoke :rotfl:

i'd probably go with Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me or perhaps Idle Hands for a less well known title

dumb and dumber

the resturant scene I never laughed so hard at anything. I like it in he does the little rolly bolly

Another vote for Weekend At Bernies!
The speed boat scene is hilarious, "Man over Board!", Quality!!:rotfl:

Richard Pryor - Live in Concert, couldn't stop wetting myself first 15 times I saw this.

The best 'live' show on film I have ever seen

KH

Wow - tough one.

I remember 2 films that made me guffaw heartily in the Cinema and that was South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut & Austin Powers: Goldmember :D

Also, there was a Laurel and Hardy film, can't remember which one, and I nearly followed through :rolleyes:

I think I'd have to go for either Me, Myself & Irene or perhaps 'See No Evil, Hear No Evil' - The way they get the deaf person/blind person gags so perfect had me in absolute stitches the first time i saw it.:rotfl:

Shaun of the Dead or Team America: World Police

I really can't decide between the two

The whole of the supermarket chase sequence from Raising Arizon - pure class!
Also amongst others is a tiny snippet from 'sky captain and the world of tomorrow' - gwyneth paltrow catches jude law ogling angeline jolie as she's strapping into her plane - the look she gives him has me in stitches every time!

It would have to be Dumb and Dumber for me. I saw it five times at the cinema. The dog joke near the end was one of the best bits.

dannius said:
At the time I saw it I thought Ace Ventura: Pet Detective as the funniest film ever. I've seen it too many times since then so it's been watered down somewhat but i'll give that my vote!:thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more. I stopped the film at the end and watched again immediately. Hilarious but it's lost its bite now.

planes trains and automobiles for me too.

when they set the car on fire is a classic

For the funniest film overall i would have to say i still laugh at anchorman and old school everytime i see them.

However i think the funniest moment from a film for me would be from a film called dead man on campus. The film itself i didn't find that funny but there is a bit where the guy goes to jump through a slide up upen window but the window drops just before he goes through it. When he gets up his reaction is brilliant. I bet a lot of people wouldn't find it funny but i just couldn't stop laughing.

suicida said:
Shaun of the Dead or Team America: World Police

I really can't decide between the two
Agreed :D

I think my funniest film would probably have to be...

Disney's The Emperor's New Groove

It's the only film I can watch over & over & still find all the gags just as funny as the first time I saw it all those years ago.

Pure Class & easily Disney's best toon ever :thumbsup:

In the first Austin Powers the scene after he was un-frozen where he did that huge wee made me laugh so much the first time I couldn't breathe.

Blazing Saddles I also found very funny indeed, althought it starts to get stupid towards the end.

Also Rat Race had some very funny moments in (the Claus Barbie musuem being one of them)

And then finally a little known film on the Vipco label called Drive in Massacre. Not supposed to be funny, but when me and a mate saw it we were rolling on the floor in laughter.

When I first saw it I thought Its A Mad, Mad, Mad, World was the funniest. Although not as funny now I still rate it as a comady classic.

leej said:
planes trains and automobiles for me too.

when they set the car on fire is a classic

I must have watched this about half a dozen times and this is my favorite scene. Cracks me up every time.

all the laurel and hardy films,especially swiss miss with the gorilla on crutches at the end :clap:
also Steve Martin in The Jerk,i mean anybody who calls their dog s***head :D

the life of brian. kills me every time

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom