Funniest and scariest film you've seen?

AVF Jay

Ex Member
Reaction score
Fancy renting a film today, I can't think of anything in particular I want to watch. I like comedies and horrors.

Obviously films are down to personal opinion and what one person finds funny or scary an another might not, but just wanting to hear a few peoples films to see if it inspires me and makes me think "oh yeah, I didn't think of that one" kinda thing.

I only really like comedies or horrors, I'm not after a scary film that's funny :D

Now I'd normally think "pointless" at these kind of threads, like when someone asks what they should have for lunch, but my thinking is more incase someone triggers my mind and mentions something I didn't think about, as opposed to if I was asking what I should have to eat which would be pointless as they might say black pudding or something random that I hate.

Cheers

Last edited:
What sort of 'funny' films do you like? I watched the Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec on saturday which is based on a french comic set in 1920's Paris. Silly but enjoyable. Funny wise my favorites are -

Amelie
Blades of Glory
Dodgeball
Shaun of the Dead
Paul

Horror wise I prefer Japanese horror, so stuff like

The Ring
Grudge
The Eye

Blazzing Saddles

Funniest films for me, dodgeball, old school, that kind of thing.

Horror wise, has to be the ring, or the descent, the only two horror films that have ever left me on edge, there are lots that have been jumpy but those two i found scary.

Funniest films for me, dodgeball, old school, that kind of thing.

Horror wise, has to be the ring, or the descent, the only two horror films that have ever left me on edge, there are lots that have been jumpy but those two i found scary.

Another one for the descent, I also found dog soldiers to be rather unsettling.

|As for the funniest film, the money pit. Even now seeing that turkey flying out of the oven cracks me up.

Funny - borat
Scary - event horizon

Anyone liking scary horror films definitely ought to watch 'The cabin in the woods' at least once in their lifetime.

The film is well made, the story is good, it keeps you guessing for quite a long time and the ending is, well, 'absolutely horrific!'

There are quite a lot of people, who would go so far as to say that it is the best horror film ever made. Certainly, it is definitely NOT a film for people who are mysticly minded, gentle and of a nervous disposition, because it could disturb their ability to sleep for quite a few nights.

I've found the following films very funny...

Nothing to Lose
Office Space
Employee of the Month
and my personal favourite, Supertroopers.

As for horror, I sat through women in black recently and that wasn't bad.

Anyone liking scary horror films definitely ought to watch 'The cabin in the woods' at least once in their lifetime.

I personally thought it was abysmal, half the time it didnt make sense what was going on and it didnt induce any fear, just gory, each to their own, and there are a lot of people that loved it, but i just dont get it. The women were alright though :D

For humour,anything with Leslie Nielsen,Airplane,Police Squad etc.

Scary or unsettling,The first Wrong Turn,Silent Hill and another vote for Event Horizon.

K.

Scariest. Quatermass and the Pit.

They were just hopping. Got to agree with Quatermass, although I did think they were talking about my cousin Mel. They were just Hopkins.

+1 for Event Horizon

Funniest:
Paul
Bad Santa
Russel Crowe in Robin Hood

Eh! :confused: You've lost me there.

There is a scene in the film where one of the soliders sees the Martians and goes a bit nuts. When asked what he saw he just replied They we just hopping. I though he said they were just Hop-kins.

I do tend to lose people in my train of thought. Welsh you see.:rolleyes:

What sort of 'funny' films do you like?

Literally all types, as with anything there are and good and bad examples. Things like spoofs for example, some are very good, others are very stupid.

I've found the following films very funny...

Nothing to Lose

Nothing to lose was really good, watched that loads of times.

Ended up with cabin in the woods, and horrible bosses (I didn't pick that one), not watched them yet though.

Cheers for the suggestions everyone, there were quite a few films I hadn't even heard of and will look into

Funny? Anchorman.
Watched Misery when I was a kid - the most scared I have ever been watching a film.

edit: for next time :)

Funny- Borat.

Scary- The Legend of Boggy Creek. That film scared the bejesus out of me when I was younger.

Funniest - In the Loop

Scariest - don't think I've watched a horror since seeing 'The Exorcist' decades ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom