1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Function Technologies

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jeff, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    A UK company called Function Technologies is listed on the SDISilk site as a SDI DVD player supplier, does anyone know them?

2. RichardA

RichardA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe Function Technologies were one of the first people to show an SDI output DVD player - they showed a digital link from DVD to Plasma screen a few years ago, and it got fairly widely reported within the TV, Film and Broadcast press at least.

I've never dealt with the company directly, and they are in no way related to, or involved with S&W so I can't comment on what their products are like, but they certainly have more history and experience in the field than virtually anyone else currently offering SDI mods.

Hope this helps!

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Thanks Richard I'll check them out.

Jeff

4. garrettd

garrettd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the record

Many search engines still show for SDI DVD that Function Communications at function.uk.com should be contacted. In fact they are no longer trading and any enquiry for modified SDI DVD players can be directed to myself at the following,

david@FunctionDVD.com or david@sdidvd.com

Regards

David Garrett ( Dr. DVD)

5. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    That explains a lot, too late for me at least as far as SDI DVD is concerned. I have modified Denon 1600 coming over from Germany. You don't by any chance do Sky digibox mods?

Cheers,

Jeff

6. garrettd

garrettd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff

Thanks for te reply. Sky box and even ON (Sorry ITV) pace 2500 boxes. With or without a card?. Contact me offlist and I will give you a complete update on what I am up to now.

Regards

David Garrett