Question Funai HD-B2785 HDD/DVD Recorder (250gb) Failure

El Jefe 2015

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for advice regarding the above problem, I have had my Funai HD-B2785 HDD/DVD recorder for 13 years & the hard drive has finally given up the ghost. (ironic as it has lasted me 13 years right, spooky!)

When I go to edit I get an error message saying "HD Error" then it freezes, I thought that I had found a workaround that would reformat the hard disc but alas it did not work, so my question to you all is:

Would I be able to replace the hard drive bearing in mind it is well out of warranty, (if it works great & if not i'm sure I have other options) & secondly if replacing the hard drive is possible could I install one with a larger capacity?

Any help is greatly appreciated as i'm stuck with this being out of commission.

This may or may not be of some help
Funai HDR B2785 (250GB) & Funai V2735 (160 GB) HD Error / replacement

To know if you can replace the drive you'll probably have to open up the unit and check the drive connector type and the drive power connector type. Will probably be EIDE given the age but could be SATA. Once you know that it is a simple matter to select a replacement drive.
From the info in that link it appears you can't use a larger size drive.

There may be a problem if the existing drive doesn't use standard plug in connectors.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom