Fun TWO player games that aren't FPS

soil

Standard Member
my girlfriend has been bugging me for ages to get another controller for my 360 so she can play on it with me.

so i currently have 1 on order should have it soon,
well im wanting to get some games for us 2 to play.
and all my games r FPS apart from 1 which is only 1 player... well it has party mode but not the same. (its Flatout: UC)

are there any good racing games with 2 player?
is burnout revenge 2 player? that game looks alright.

also what football game would u recommend? iv noticed Fifa 2008 is coming out soon so might grab 2007 preowned from some where, im not into football but dont mind playing it on so not arsed if the players dont play for that team or any of that crap.

what other games would u recommend for me to get for 2 player with my girlfriend?

tempted to get ravingrabits i had it for PC and was funny as anything but dont have it anymore.
might get it once ravingbabits 2 is out should be cheaper then, might also get the 2nd.

i plan to get Guitar heros II once III is out so the guitar will hopefully drop in price from £60+ to like £40-£50.

is1111

not sure if its your thing but lego star wars is good fun and you can play two player on same machine but not over live.

TEKNICOLOURFOX

burnout revenge is two player i play it with the gfriend every now and again, its a laugh slaming her car into a wall!

otherwise... erm... fight night!

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
what other games would u recommend for me to get for 2 player with my girlfriend?

TBH I would say Live Arcade is your best friend on this one.

Bomberman
Worms
Cloning Clyde
Small Arms
Carcassonne
Assualt Heroes
Zuma(although single player my GF loved playing this taking turns over levels).

The list would go on but I can't think of them all right now, just scan through the ones you fancy & check they support 2 players locally;)

CatManDo

i plan to get Guitar heros II once III is out so the guitar will hopefully drop in price from £60+ to like £40-£50.

if it helps I noticed in my local Asda that they had GHII reduced, can't remember exactly how much but think it was about £45.

Cheers

CounterWhine

Gears of War

I played that in co-op way more than I played it single player. It's a completely different experience (though the bits where you split up can be a pain in the ass).

Crackdown

I've not played it co-op so can't comment.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if either of these are playable split-screen. They may be SystemLink/LIVE! only.

smallclanger

tempted to get ravingrabits i had it for PC and was funny as anything but dont have it anymore.

Isn't that Rampant Rabbit and I don't think it's two player...;)

kav

Distinguished Member
Gears of War

I played that in co-op way more than I played it single player. It's a completely different experience (though the bits where you split up can be a pain in the ass).

Crackdown

I've not played it co-op so can't comment.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if either of these are playable split-screen. They may be SystemLink/LIVE! only.

Not sure about Crackdown, but Gears can be played split screen...

By the way, Live co-op on Crackdown is WAY more fun than the single-player aspect. You should try and get someone to play through a bit of it - it's loads of fun doing the Tag competitions and stuff, firing rocket launchers at each other.

As for 2-player games, like Tetlee said up there, there's some great arcade ones - Golden Axe and Streets of Rage 2 spring to mind.

SkilledNutter

For you & your Girlfriend i would recommend:

Rayman Ravin Rabbids
PGR3
Fusion Frenzy 2
Viva Pinata (she can play you can assist)
Virtual Tennis 3
Dead or Alive 4
Tetris Evolution
Rockstar Presents: Table Tennis
Amped 3
LEGO Starwars

As for up and coming titles look towards:

Guitar Hero III\Rock Band
Scene it
Beautiful Katamari
Virtual Fighter 5

Arcade Titles:

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Worms
Sonic 2
Bomberman LIVE

If she is an Experienced Gamer:

Gears of War
Halo3 (not sure if this will be split screen co-op)

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Uno - winner stays on, if not the controller gets handed over.

Boom Boom Rocket?

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Track and Field! cheap fun for all the family

Metalhead Pete

Virtua Tennis 3
Dead Or Alive 4
Table Tennis
Lego Star Wars
PGR 3

Are all fun 2 Player (on the same console) games.

3D Ultra Mini Golf on Live Marketplace is a laugh too.

kismet110

If you like sports games then NBA '07 (2K Sports one, not Live from EA) is great fun for 2 players; easy to get into, fantastic graphics and some nice touches too. Can get it cheap nowadays, is always the game that goes on if mates/family are around & want to play on the 360.

@Tetlee - Zuma has a 2 player mode? I've had that title for nine months and never realised :( How does that work, split screen or turn by turn?

adrian29459

Cant believe no-ones said this one, Earth Defense Force! I love this game so much and its played best in coop! Simple run and gun alien blaster just like the film starship troopers. Shooting 100's of giant ants and spiders is such a laugh in multiplayer and it's even better if you use the xbox's custom soundtracks. You can get it for around £20.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Already mentioned a couple of times, but Bomberman Live is a superb option.

I play this loads and although it's simple on the surface I never tire of it. Used to hammer it back in the SNES days as well and it's just as good today. :)

Jackkk

Check the gaming bargains thread for Fifa 07 theres some sort of offer with coke and you can get it new for like £3!!! :thumbsup:.

Member 639844

Former Advertiser
Cant believe no-ones said this one, Earth Defense Force! I love this game so much and its played best in coop! Simple run and gun alien blaster just like the film starship troopers. Shooting 100's of giant ants and spiders is such a laugh in multiplayer and it's even better if you use the xbox's custom soundtracks. You can get it for around £20.

LOL, I also still play this, if this was on XBL it would be great and I'm sure it would have a cult following. I f you live near Alton towers come and join in with me on it, the hardest setting needs co-op to get the acheivments, otherwise its just to hard man. :clap:

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
i finished it last night on hard co op. Brilliant game, started again straightaway on the hardest setting. One of the most fun games on the 360 for sure. It got bad reviews but i can only imagine those guys had not had sex for some time/ever so were feeling bitter.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
THX launches Onyx MQA supporting DAC/Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio introduces Evo all-in-one audio system
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts