1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fully wired SCART cable with detachable ends?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Solidstate, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Solidstate

Solidstate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I am installing a PVR in my dads house - unfortunately he has an awful 1980s stone fireplace/TV shelf thing. The TV sits on the top and only small hole in the stone leads to the VCR shelf below. The hole is just large enough to fit a couple of fingers into - no bigger.

I want to link up the TV above with the PVR below using an RGB Scart connection. For this I need a fully wired scart lead that can have the ends removed and re-attached - does such a thing exist?

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I don't think that you'll find a pre-built one but you could feed some multicore cable through the opening and then terminate either end yourself. :)

3. Solidstate

Solidstate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I seem to remember those - 'attach anything to anything else all the video leads you will ever need' type sets with interchangable lead ends.
    I had another idea though - I can get an existing lead and unscrew the plastic end - I'm sure that the metal plug bit will fit through attached to the wires and then put the plastic sheath back on again.
    Thanks for the idea though - its that that got me thinking about my solution.

4. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, you could buy a dedicated 6 core coax audio/video cable (Supra AV6.4) and then buy 2 scart connectors specifically designed for said cable, and fix it all in-situ :hiya: