• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fully Digital CCTV

bobbear

Standard Member
I've currently got four X-vision 520TVL analogue colour cameras connected to a 4-channel DVR, but the colour performance and the recorded quality aren't brilliant, so I've been thinking along the lines of upgrading to a fully digital system, (i.e. no D/A-A/D conversion, no video capture cards, no standalone DVR etc - digital all the way from the camera to the PC via USB), using off-the-shelf digital USB interface cameras such as the Sony DSC-H9, (x15 optical zoom & 8.2 megapixel), and a dedicated PC running Windows XP or Vista or Linux & v.big hard drive or more, (Raid). I build PCs, so the server's no problem and the cameras are off-the-shelf. That should give a system of unparalleled full 8 megapixel photographic quality, all maintained on a UPS for reliability.

The only problem is software - does anyone know of any Windows or Linux DVR software that will drive any good quality off the shelf, (e.g. Canon, Sony, Olympus, Fuji, Pentax or whatever), USB interface 5 megapixel+ digital stills cameras to give all the usual DVR display, record & control functions?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom