full system - 2 1/2k

Mr Cat

Ex Member
Reaction score
hi folks, just a quick one here...got a colleague who wants to spend about 2 1/2K on a system, ideally he wants a DVD player, AV amp thats good with Music (he'll be wanting to play CD's via DVD player, but not fussed about multiformats...), a TV, speakers and cables...

I'll be checking this myself, but in a bit of a hurry...initially though of rotel, marantz, denon as they're good musically...any specific models etc..?

cheers as always!
:) :)

In that sort of price range the Pioneer DVD players(I guess the 656 would be the choice in terms of cost although the 757 is better) make quite adequate CD players also.....in general terms though,very few DVD players are actually much good at CD replay in the lower price ranges.
All of the AV amps you mentioned are good quality,and worth looking at the Pioneers also.
Speakers....the usual suspects....B&W,Linn,etc.....be careful to split the budget sensibly if a TV etc has to be included in the price....and listen to as many systems as possible.

had a quick look - pioneer 565 dvd, PIONEER VSXD2011 av amp, ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS EVO 3 main and centre...he doesn't want rears (!?!), I'll persuade him to get a sub tho...still not sure about tv...what do you think so far..?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom