1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Spectrum Warrior

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by scrapbook, Jul 28, 2004.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    I hired this at the weekend, played a couple of missions.

I quite enjoyed, but was interested to know how the game developes past the first two levels before I part with my hard earned cash. Is it more of the same i.e. sneak up to corners, look around, shoot and then move on or is it more advanced the deeper you go into the game,

Have a few old titles to trade in, and this seems to be the only game of interest for me at the mo.

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    The levels are very similar but they require more of the 'old grey matter' really. On some levels you simply have to operate both teams and use what I like to call the pincer movement on the enemy, to get through a certain level or blockade. You can also call in air strikes and so on.

A great game. Perhaps a little repetative in the later stages but graphically superb, ingenious, refreshing and the most film like game I have played in a while. It bodes well for number 2.

Cap :)

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I agree, it is basicaly an RTS but with 3D characters and movement.
    The later on missions get harder and harder, and a 3rd team joins you in one mission (which is my favorite) i wont tell you who joins u but u see them early on in the game.
    Just think Black Hawk Down.
    Not only is the single player fun but live play ads even more tactics to the game as you have to comunicate with your partner to complete the levels.
    Last good point, is the fact that the US Army version of the game is also on the disk. Try it out, its much harder than the game version!

I can only think of one bad point, as the captain mentioned, it can get repetitive, and Live play s basicaly the same missions repeated, but over all it a grreat game worth playing.

I hope they will make a sequel with more variety and better live play!

4. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Yes, I think the game could have done with a few extra levels, but what's there is absolutely awesome. Probably the best game I've played this year on any format, which suprised me because I normally hate military combat style games.
    I haven't played this on live yet - might give it a crack later.

P.s. play have this for £27.99 (inc. free delivery)! Great price for a great game!

5. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Great game - and as for the lack of levels there is meant to be a load of new stuff coming that you can download via xbox live.

6. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Thats good to hear lets just hope it's free.

7. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Yeah free! The last booster pack for PGR2 cost money, i doubt FSW downloads will be free. Still its not THAT expensive to get booster packs.

8. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    No £3 or £4 isnt that much i agree, but thats not the point. we should'nt have to pay after paying £40 for the game.

9. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I can see your point, but if there's no cost to the gamer, what incentive is there for the developer?
    Dont get me wrong, I haven't purchased either of the PGR addon packs so i'm certainly not all for it, and would love them to be free. But if they did get a release and make a significant addition to the game I would be prepared to pay £2 or £3 (but no more!)

10. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    There needs to be an incentive yes, but that last pgr2 pack i thought wasnt all that good coz u could only play it online.
    Dont get me wrong, a lot of work went into modeling the new cars, and city, unless they had already done it before and they were waiting to make it downloadable.
    My point is if they are going to ask us to pay then it should be a major part of the single player game as well as online/multyplayer
    game.
    When it comes to FSW, new maps can only imrove the game, so yes i would pay for it.
    To be honest this is all very new to us and to microsoft, so dont kill them if they stumble along the way, we should praise them for having the guts to go all the way the way they have with live!