Full spectrum warrior xbox live

On the demo dvd of this month's (May) PC Gamer magazine there is a video of one of the guys who worked on Full Spectrum Warior demonstraiting how it plays.

p.s. It's the Xbox version he's using...

Regards,
Iain.

Jeez if that lives up to the preview its gonna be AWSOME.

Matt

Anyone played this yet?
Any comments would be appreciated :)

Pcked it up yesterday and all i will say is i didnt go to bed til 430am :thumbsup:

blunt said:
Pcked it up yesterday and all i will say is i didnt go to bed til 430am :thumbsup:
Is it right that you don't get to fire the guns you just give the command? if thats true i can't think of a more boring game. :boring: :boring: and before you all say it's not meant to be like recon, i know that. i'm just saying playing a game with guns that i cant fire would be crap for me.

Also it's just co-op online which will be good for a few people on this forum, but how many player is it 2 or 4?

No you dont get to fire the guns yourself,but you are totally wrong about it being boring,its probably one of the most ingrossing games ive played,there is so little to complain about,its the best cash you will spend till halo 2.

From what ive seen FSW is like a RTS game/God sim, which are not my cup of tea at all. But from all the trailers and reviews ive seen/read it looks that it will be a top top game, one which i will deffo be getting. Its seems like it almost a new genre of game, a strategy game thats fun to play, and i for one can't wait to try out the co-op play on 'live', that should be ace.

Most reviews seem quite positive and feedback on various forums is also good but I'm still not sure if this is my thing or not.
I might hire it first and see.

Any other comments particularly on how it works / plays on XBL?

Thanks to all for the replies so far :thumbsup:

blunt said:
but you are totally wrong about it being boring
I don't think i am wrong i said "it would bore me" not you or others & it would so i'm not wrong.:D

Enjoy your game.

A couple of hours into the game proper and so far I'm more than impressed. I can never do twitch shooters (enjoy them just can't do them), so this suits me down to the ground. :thumbsup:

Nice touches of humour too, with lots of swearing. "I just want to blow some s**t up". It is big and it is clever. Looking for someone to team up with to test out the online play... Invites welcome.

sorry lfc,but if you havent played it ,how do you know you will be bored,it realy is an incredible game ,go on give it a go,you know you want to :)

blunt said:
sorry lfc,but if you havent played it ,how do you know you will be bored,it realy is an incredible game ,go on give it a go,you know you want to :)
lol i know i dont like RTS games mate :thumbsup:

In no way am i saying this game is crap guys, as Blunt pointed out i have'nt played it. i just know it's not a game i would like.

Take it easy

Got mine yesterday from play - looks very good from the quick 10mins i played - will try it out alot more tomorrow.
Also dont forget the play the US army version of the game thats hidden on the disc - its a much harder version (with different controls) with even more options and bits you can do. Enter the code
ha2p1py9tur5tle
to access it.

Do you have an option to torture civilians with the US Army Version? :devil: :rolleyes: :laugh:

If there's offensive language in it then I think I'll leave it.

:censored:
Didn't think anyone would fall for that :)

Anyone had a chance to have a good go of this online then?
Loz, Blunt, Captain or anyone else - any comments?

Well, I had a crack online last night. First class. It really is seamless, just like playing the single player, but with voice comms to your second team and you can concentrate far more on your particular location (each player takes one team each).

There is a real sense of teamwork, and guilt when you leave a space open for one of your guys to get shot (or even worse your teammates team). Because its so unforgiving (one team member death=game over) then it keeps you on the edge all the time. I can see me spending some time on this one... :laugh:

Shame its not adversarial, but thats for the sequel, surely...?

Whats the difference between this game and the old classic 'Cannon Fodder' then?

Is it basically the same with better graphics?

Thanks for the reply Loz. Guess you don't play Mototrax anymore then?

Think I'm gonna hang on and see what else is out soon but I have to say I am tempted by this. :)

Havent played it online yet as no one on my friends list has it :thumbsdow
But the single player is superb the graphics and sound are awesome (although i think the guns do sound weak but thats the fault of hollywood not the games). Plays really well and is very very easy to control. Really love all the different bits the soldiers say - very well acted with some classic lines + plenty of swearing which is a must for a army game :smashin:

Aw shucks now u got me feeling sorry for ya, I'll have too see if I can pick one up today and we'll kick some ass tonight.

Right Cap, you'd better be on tonight for some shenanigans. :thumbsup:

Matt

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom