Full Panasonic 2013 Plasma line-up detailed

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
ZT60 is new top dog

Panasonic has introduced its line of 2013 Smart VIERA Plasma HDTVs at CES 2013. Panasonic has enhanced the 2013 lineup built around user personalisation and advanced networking features, increased connectivity, re-mastered picture quality, and new design elements. The TVs range from 42-inch class to 65-inch class

The 2013 Smart VIERA Plasma line-up features the 'My Home Screen' – a personalisation function that allows each user in the home to create their own personal home screen giving them quick access to their favourite content.

There's also Swipe & Share 2.0 – a connectivity enhancement that transforms the TV into a hub for streaming and sharing photo and video content with Smartphone and Tablet devices. Through Panasonic's proprietary VIERA Connect platform, users can transfer personal photos and videos from their Android or iOS devices directly to the large screen with a simple swipe of the finger and transfer them back to their smart devices the same way. Swipe & Share also enables sharing of user-generated photos and videos that are on the large screen with other Android or iOS devices.

There's also Touch Pen – a design feature which allows users to add their own writing to their photos on screen and transfer them back to their smart devices using the optional Electronic Touch Pen (TY-TP10U) accessory.

The Smart ZT60, VT60, ST60 Series models also include a web browser with built-in Wireless LAN and the VT60 will also feature Panasonic's first-ever built-in camera. In addition, each new Smart VIERA HDTV offers an enhanced VIERA Connect platform including more options for streaming video content, unique social networking features, fully-integrated apps, and search features designed to make the user experience fast and easy.

"Panasonic continually strives to surpass the previous year's successes, and the new 2013 series of VIERA Plasma HDTVs does just that," said Henry Hauser, Vice President, Merchandising Group, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. "The series' enhanced VIERA Connect IPTV functionality, superior picture and sound quality, and advanced connectivity capabilities have completely transformed the TV viewing experience. With the 16 new models, Panasonic has set the bar for years to come."

The new ZT60 Plasma Series is equipped with a 'master studio panel', although we don't really know what that means, at the moment/ Panasonic says it produces 'deep black levels' but then we'd expect no less. With the addition of a new Louver filter, the ZT Series line is said to deliver improved external light shading, clarity and light transmittance. The new panel reduces reflections to create sharper pictures with higher contrast in bright environments.

Building on last year's "Glass and Metal" design concept, the 2013 VIERA models continue to focus on sleek designs. The VT60 Series includes built-in side speakers, and a thin metal pedestal with one sheet of glass featured on the ZT and VT Series models delivers a minimalist aesthetic and design. The ZT60 and VT60 Series models are also equipped with a Dual Core with Hexa

The ZT60 series is Panasonic's Full HD 3D Plasma flagship series and is available in two screen sizes - the TC-P65ZT60, 65-inch class and the TC-P60ZT60, 60-inch.

With 1080p resolution, the ZT60 series comes with advanced features for connectivity including My Home Screen, Swipe and Share 2.0, Touch Pad Controller, three HDMI and three USB connectors, along with VIERA Connect. The ZT Series also includes two pairs of Active Shutter 3D Eyewear.

Panasonic says the the VIERA ZT60 Series offers a "Beyond the Reference" level of picture quality. Well it's nice of them to make reference to our World Exclusive VT50 review last year. The ZT60 is said to have the 'ultimate black' levels in the range but we'll wait and see. The colour, contrast and crystal crisp picture are delivered via the new Studio Master Panel with newly developed panel driving method and panel structure with a direct glass layer. The front glass is directly attached to the Plasma panel itself by Panasonic's exclusive crafting methods. As a result of the improvement, dim and double images are cut off by eliminating the air gap layer between the front glass and Plasma panel. The quality of the ZT60's 3D images is said to have been enhanced, with clear, natural Full HD 3D images because of reduced crosstalk. 3000 Focused-field Drive also produces image resolution of 1080 lines for 2D images, to provide crisp, clear image motion. A wider colour gamut (DCI 98% Color Space) is achieved thanks to a newly developed pure red phosphor but there's not a lot of use for that at the moment.

The ZT60 features THX in both 2D and 3D modes as well as ISFccc Calibration Mode with Advanced Calibration. Calibrators adjust the detailed picture setting with calibration software provided by our friends at SpectraCal

attachment.php

The ZT60 Series display panel is free of mercury and lead. A newly designed phosphor process and rear panel process give the Plasma panel longevity of up to 100,000 hours before the brightness of the panel decreases to half. This is more than 30 years of viewing when watched 8 hours a day.

The VT60 series includes three screen sizes – the TC-P55VT60, 55-inch; TC-P60VT60, 60-inch and TC-P65VT60, 65-inch class.

attachment.php

The VT60 Series combines built-in side speakers and a built-in camera with a Full HD 3D display delivering 1080p resolution via an Infinite Black Ultra Panel. Similar to the ZT60 series, the VT60 models are equipped with enhanced connectivity features including VIERA Connect, My Home Screen, built-in Wireless LAN and Web Browser, Swipe and Share 2.0. The VT60 Series also includes a Touch Pad Controller and voice interaction with three HDMI and three USB connectors. The VT60 Series also includes two pairs of Active Shutter 3D Eyewear. 3000 Focused-field Drive technology produces image resolution of 1080 lines for 2D images, to provide crisp, clear image motion. The VT60 also features THX in both 2D and 3D modes as well as ISFccc Calibration Mode

The ST60 will come in 50-inch class; TC-P55ST60, 55-inch class; TC-P60ST60, 60-inch class and TC-P65ST60, 65 inch class.

attachment.php

The ST60 models include Infinite Black Pro Panel with 2500 Focused Field Drive and 1080p Full HD resolution for pristine picture quality. The ST60 Series features VIERA Connect, My Home Screen, a Web Browser, Swipe and Share 2.0, and voice guidance. The series includes three HDMI connections, two USB ports and two pairs of Active Shutter 3D Eyewear.

The S60 Series is one of two non-3D models in this year's HDTV Plasma lineup.
There are five screen sizes in the S60 Series – the TC-P42S60, 42-inch class; TC-P50S60, 50-inch class; TC-P55S60, 55-inch class; TC-P60S60, 60-inch class; and TC-P65S60, 65-inch class.

The S60 Series includes an Online Movies feature -- a service that provides select IPTV functionality by offering access to popular applications for streaming movies and other videos. All S60 models offer 1080p Full HD resolution, built-in Wireless LAN, 600Hz Sub-field Drive, Media Player; DLNA, VIERA Link, two HDMI connections and two USB ports.

The X60 Series is the other of two non-3D models in this year's HDTV Plasma lineup.

attachment.php

There are two screen sizes in the X60 Series -- the TC-P42X60, 42-inch class and TC-P50X60, 50-inch class. The X60 offers 720p HD resolution; Media Player; 600Hz Sub-Field Drive; Game Mode; two HDMI connections and one USB port.

Panasonic's line of 2013 VIERA Plasma HDTVs will be available starting in February 2013 but remember these details are USA specific, at this time.

Attachments

• Panasonic-ZT60-Plasma.jpg
    Panasonic-ZT60-Plasma.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 14,855
  • vt_photo.jpg
    vt_photo.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 16,367
  • st_photo.jpg
    st_photo.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 16,726
  • x_photo.jpg
    x_photo.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 13,947
Last edited:
60" is a smart move :lesson:

Looks like they've stopped development of plasma based on this. OLED must be closer than we think.

Didn't the USA get 60" models in 2012 but not the UK?

Only ST/XT60 in a 50' :(

So happy I bought ST50.

The ST range has just not been developed. They gave GT/VT50 styling but took away 3D

Also ZT 2D isnt THX certified this year only the 3D, I find that interesting.

This 98% colour needs further looking at.

But this master panel marketing is a bit naff, but will see just how good the black levels really are. Far too many gimmicks this year the exact thing that put me off Samsung last year.

@Guys at CES

Guys please if you interview Panasonic ask why they decided to do a built in camera when at IFA2012 they said unlike the Samsungs they choose to have an external camera for improved quality and convenience incase you don't want it. Are they now along with voice commands admitting they made the wrong decision choosing to follow Samsungs lead remaining competitive but sacrificing innovation.

Will see in a month time, what the european sizes are like. But so far the design wise they look absolutely top notch, especially the ZT and VT line. Bravooo Panny. Just keep goin' :clap: :thumbsup:

CrescentMoon said:

To the ST60. It basically has same styling of the 50 series GT&VT but has no 3D. So you have to go VT60 for 3D

So happy I bought ST50.

The ST range has just not been developed. They gave GT/VT50 styling but took away 3D

But this master panel marketing is a bit naff, but will see just how good the black levels really are. Far too many gimmicks this year the exact thing that put me off Samsung last year.

@Guys at CES

Guys please if you interview Panasonic ask why they decided to do a built in camera when at IFA2012 they said unlike the Samsungs they choose to have an external camera for improved quality and convenience incase you don't want it. Are they now along with voice commands admitting they made the wrong decision choosing to follow Samsungs lead remaining competitive but sacrificing innovation.

There is THX certification even for 2D mode, not just for 3D. Read it again :smashin:

Gutted that there is no 42" equivalent to the GT50 as this is the biggest size I can get. This has made my mind up and I will try again with the GT50, and hopefully get a good one.

correct yourself -The ZT60 features THX in both 2D and 3D modes as well as ISFccc Calibration Mode with Advanced Calibration. Calibrators adjust the detailed picture setting with calibration software provided by our friends at SpectraCal

Mirheldt said:
There is THX certification even for 2D mode, not just for 3D. Read it again :smashin:

Oh, only saw isf. Lol

Thanks =)

So happy I bought ST50.

@Guys at CES

Correct yourself- The ZT60 features THX in both 2D and 3D modes as well as ISFccc Calibration Mode with Advanced Calibration. Calibrators adjust the detailed picture setting with calibration software provided by our friends at SpectraCal :lease:

CrescentMoon said:
It has 3D. Only the S60 and X60 are 2D only.

Yes your right my bad. All these S and ST things is annoying.

Doesnt get past that nothings really been improved or advanced to it though.

Plasma is dead, please wait in the queue for OLED.

ST50 for a few years it is then. TPS.....DISCOUNT!...pretty please

From those pictures, I cant see that integrated skype camera. Is it even really there?

ROMAN38 said:
Correct yourself- The ZT60 features THX in both 2D and 3D modes as well as ISFccc Calibration Mode with Advanced Calibration. Calibrators adjust the detailed picture setting with calibration software provided by our friends at SpectraCal :lease:

I know what calibrators do thanks =)

The Panasonic Keynote should of been better presented with actual information. The link to the to the information on here didnt list all the information either.

Lack of progress anyway you look at it. The ZT panel needs to be exceptional if people are to jump from the 50 series.

Where's the rest of the info?

Hopefully this years plasmas will have more light output in pro modes, less noise/dither and even better blacks.

vism said:
Plasma is dead, please wait in the queue for OLED.

ST50 for a few years it is then. TPS.....DISCOUNT!...pretty please

Nice =) not sure what discount you want off a bargain tho lol

Mirheldt said:
From those pictures, I cant see that integrated skype camera. Is it even really there?

Saw it in the keynote. Looks like a black box. Not as aesthetically please if i recall as last years and not as sleek as Samsungs integrated.

Yes your right my bad. All these S and ST things is annoying.

Doesnt get past that nothings really been improved or advanced to it though.
I agree. Curious about that 'Dot Noise Reduction Pro' feature though. The VT60 specs seems similar to VT50 too. The only real improvement could be the ZT series.

No top tier plasmas in 42" is a strange decision. I'm sure there are people who can't afford or don't have the space for the jump up to 50". Maybe Europe might get a 42"...

Looking forward to seeing how an S60 compares to the ST50 which was my favourite TV of 2012 for price:performance. Annoying to see the S60 only has 2xHDMI slots. 3 really should be the minimum in 2013 for a TV greater than 37".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom