Question Full Motion Wall Mounting with inflexible HDMI cables

sub3marathonman

Novice Member
I thought I had things completed, I put the cables behind the wall, attached the full-motion wall mount, and got all the cables connected to the TV. And then I found a problem I'd never thought of.

I found out it is not possible to push the tv (LG OLED77CXPUA) back to the wall, as the Zeskit 4K HDMI cables are thick and not flexible. I've tried to maximize the length of the cables to allow for a nice curve, but they are still pushing outward. There is also the HDMI #4 port which requires a straight connection to the TV, which doesn't seem possible to connect without extreme outward pressure on the TV by the inflexible cable. It is bad enough with the other three, as the tv has a little ridge there which puts pressure on the cables and thus the HDMI port, rather than allowing them to extend further outward.

DSC04400.JPG

I'm wondering if people have put a little bracket to hold the cables tight against the wall? But with a bracket, it then becomes a procedure to extend the tv outward, as the cables then need further slack, but that would be OK as it isn't moved on a regular basis. I'm also worried about putting pressure on the HDMI connector on the tv itself.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Hdmi adapters can cause issues depending on cables length and signal being passed.

Can you not get more flexible cables?

sub3marathonman

Novice Member
These are the only (AFAIK) certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cables at 16 feet and in-wall rated.

I'm thinking it might work out to put a little bracket on the wall to hold the cables against the wall and eliminate much of the problem.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Ok the only ones I found where 18 or 22Gbps one no mention of ultra certification.

How often are you going to be using the motion on the bracket? I know my main room my cx is on a flat wall Mount. My other tv I have it on a bracket and do turn that one more due to the seating layout

sub3marathonman

Novice Member
Yes, I'm not planning to move the tv often, especially now.

It seems the plan is to secure a bracket, keep the cables somewhat fixed against the wall, and remove the bracket if I'm wanting to move the TV.

One of the main reasons for getting the full-motion bracket was to make installing the tv easier and having the back panel more accessable.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Yes it’s a pain in the proverbial to fit the cables on a fixed bracket.

do you have a link to the cables?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom