Full Home Theater 7.1.4 Setup

ollyitfc

Established Member
Reaction score
After extensive research I've come up with this package. Anyone got any experience/advice on these? Opted for enclosed in-wall, as I'll be building walls around the room that will be covered in fabric rather than plasterboard. Thanks in advance for any advice, Olly

AV Reciever

Yamaha 3050 AV receiver

Power Amplifier

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 651W

Front Loudspeakers

Monitor Audio CP-WT380IDC x 2

Centre Speaker

Monitor Audio CP-WT240LCR x 1

Side & Rear Surrounds

Monitor Audio CP-WT260 x 4

Ceiling Speakers

Monitor Audio CP-CT260 x 4

Subwoofer

REL T9i x 1

Have you looked at the trim less 300 range instead of the CP range?

Have you looked at the trim less 300 range instead of the CP range?
I did, they looked similar, but I was concerned that my walling wouldn't work as well, as I'm not affixing them to plasterboard, but wooden frames surrounded by rockwool and covered in fabric. Are the ones you suggest better?

Yes the wt380idc are the latest and I would use 3 across the front.

The cp-wt380idc vs WT380IDC Are they not the same speaker. I thought that the "cabinet" versions would give better performance, but could not find any online comparisons/differences. Are they not the same speaker? I'm only worried as they won't be fitted in a conventional way ie not housed in plasterboard, and be surrounded with insulation. Will there be a big difference? Also thanks for suggesting three at the front. I was advised to do this by MA, but then re-advised by a retailer. I think I'll go back to the original plan of 3 along the front on your recommendation.

Same drivers but the wt380's have the trimless grills and will look better. You will be able to house them fine the way you are looking to anyway. Definitely the same for the three if you can across the front

Same drivers but the wt380's have the trimless grills and will look better. You will be able to house them fine the way you are looking to anyway. Definitely the same for the three if you can across the front
Thanks very much. They will be behind a fabric wall so they will be invisible anyway. I went back to the retailer and he is still adamant about the CP-240LCR as a centre channel. I even said Monitor Audio suggested it. He said because it has two mid range drivers so will work better for speech, as the bigger stuff will use the bigger speakers. Is he talking BS? I have no clue about this stuff in reality, just from research. Thanks again! Olly

Thanks very much. They will be behind a fabric wall so they will be invisible anyway. I went back to the retailer and he is still adamant about the CP-240LCR as a centre channel. I even said Monitor Audio suggested it. He said because it has two mid range drivers so will work better for speech, as the bigger stuff will use the bigger speakers. Is he talking BS? I have no clue about this stuff in reality, just from research. Thanks again! Olly
Everyone has their opinion and opinions vary.

I would prefer the tonal consistency of 3 of the WT-380IDC and their 8" driver together with a single 4" mid range against the CP centre that has twin 4" mid range.

Everyone has their opinion and opinions vary.

I would prefer the tonal consistency of 3 of the WT-380IDC and their 8" driver together with a single 4" mid range against the CP centre that has twin 4" mid range.
Thanks Pal, I'll follow your advice, as both you and MA said the same! Thanks very much!

Some years later :). How did it go with your purchase? Did you get the CP-WT380IDC for LCR, and are happy with the sound? Would you recommend them?

Hi, I am also looking at this setup, using 3x wt380-idc as front speakers. Any feedback on this setup? Thanks, Matt

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom