Full HD or HDR for S-DVD

starbaby76

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about joining the flatscreen brigade. Sizewise, financewise and reputationwise I have more or less narrowed my search to these three. But I have two questions, one quite general and one specific.

Sony Bravia KDL40W3000U (@1599GBP)

Sony Bravia KDL40W2000 (@999GPB)

Sony Bravia KDL40V3000 (@ 1299GBP)

All prices from John Lewis, not the cheapest I know, but just for purposes of comparison.

To my novice eye these look similar specced and wonder if anyone could tell me where the difference lies in real terms to reflect the various prices.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly before i buy i need to know this.

I will be subscribing to SKY HD and using the set for this and standard from air watching. However, I am really investing in the set to get the most from my standard DVD collection and picture is more important then sound considerations.

I need to know that with the addition of a decent upscaling DVD player (Marantz DV6001 or Denon1940) that my fully upscaled picture (to 1080p) will look better than a similar DVD player upscaling to a lower resolution HD ready-only set. In other words will the extra work required to fulfill the resolution 'degrade' the image to worse than the lower specced display. Does that make sense?

I have to get this one right, as at the limits of my budget and can't afford to make a bad choice in this regard.

Thank you

From these models I would not consider the 40W2000,as even though its still very good,the new 3000 models are better.The best is the 40W3000 but the difference between this and the lower V3000 is not THAT huge.An of course the JL prices are not worth definitely,buy from somewhere else

Thank you for this. very useful and appreciated :))
S

x

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom