• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Full EPG but no pictures - can anyone help?

Jungle Fred

Standard Member
Since late last night one of my freeview boxes (part of a freeview/HDD/DVD recoreder) is giving me a full up to date EPG but no sound or picture on any channel. It is giving the signal level as nil. Up to now it had worked OK. Does anyone have any idea as to what the cause could be?

I have another stand alone freeview box that is plugged into the same set up, same TV and aerial. That is showing good signal levels for all channels. For some reason ITV2, and ITV3 and several other channels have no picture or sound despite having good reception levels. Again no previous troubles with the box.

Yet another freeview box in the house is showing all channels, including ITV2 and 3 quite happily.

It seems odd that two freeview boxes in a stack should develop problems at the same time. And not the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

mike7

Distinguished Member
I think the clue might be in 'the signal level as nil' . Have you checked the aerial input ? The unit will be showing the EPG as it is stored in the memory. Even without an incoming signal the EPG will show, but will not be updated. Check your connections before you panic.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom