1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Auto slips to 2006, what happens with my Asda order?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Tetlee, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,431
    Damn, just been reading IGN, Full Auto has slipped to february 2006, guess that could mean march for us here in the UK :( .

Problem is I'm moving abroad at the begining of Feb next year and like a fool, when I put my preorder into Asda during the 15%offer, I didn't think to make seperate orders for each game. I'm guessing Asda will wait until all the games from my order are in stock before depatching, anyone had any experience with Asda on this?

Also, Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel part of an order with Asda, I can't risk the games turning up in february as I'll probably be out the country by then :rolleyes:

If only I'd ordered the games individually, then I could've always canceled any of them that slipped on release dates. Hindsight......

2. r47463

r47463
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just realised I did the same thing, and I have Gears of War preordered. With such a significant gap between release times I would expect them to send them separately, otherwise I'll cancel the whole order...

3. tutu

tutu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I've called them (regarding the delay of GR3). She offered to cancel part of the order, or leave it as it is.

She would not exchange the game for another with the 15% discount. She cancelled the order by mistake and then had to re-add it to the system ;)

So they can add it back with discount - but why not another game? :rotfl:

4. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,431
    You won't believe Asda, I sent them an email asking if there would be any possibilty to cancel my preorder for the Xbox 360 game "Full Auto" due to the release date slipping to Feb 2006. I was concerned they would hold my other Xbox360 games until all were in stock.

They replied with "we confirm that your order for Grand Theft Auto has been canceled :eek:

I mean common, I know they share the word "Auto" but I even sent my email with a copy of my Xbox360 games order on it. I ordered GTA:Liberty City Stories seperate so that wasn't any issue.

Some times I wonder about these companies, a bit hasty to cancel my 15% discounted preorders :rolleyes:

5. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    Its a supermarket what do you expect

6. Scotty306

Scotty306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Anyone know if Asda will split the order or wait until all items are released?

I've got Oblivion in my order which seems to have slipped to 2006 :(

7. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,431
    I'm gonna try to find out tomorrow, will report back if I get a decent answer.

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,970
    I must say that I ordered separately because of this issue. At the time it was unsure that PGR3 would make launch so I ordered it separate so that if it was delayed I would hopefully still get my COD2.

I can't see why they wouldn't change the order though as the shipping is free. I'd give them a ring personally as I find you get a more definitive answer that way.

9. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Bar one order, I did mine separately too. Should get my first order from ASDA next week (GTA: LS), hope they don't mess up...

10. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,431
    Should also be getting GTA:LS next week :smashin: Just phoned Asda, got them to correct their mistake with canceling my Liberty City Stories.

Good news for people who like me, ordered 2 or 3 games in one order during the 15% Asda offer. Apparently they WILL ship the games seperately as & when they get them in stock.....Phew!

11. Scotty306

Scotty306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    That is good news,
    Thanks for that :smashin: