Fulham Sack Coleman - Sanchez in as Caretaker.

KevD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fulham have announced that Chris Coleman has been sacked and that Lawrie Sanchez will be in caretaker charge for the rest of the Premiership season.

A bit bizarre to do it now, I dont think Fulham are going to go down as there are too many bad teams below and I think Chris Coleman has been doing a good job bearing in mind all the best players get sold.

That being said Sanchez is going to be a great appointment if that becomes permanant although I am sure the NI fans wont be happy after all he has done with them! :thumbsup:

I'm shocked by that. I know Fulham fans aren't happy at all and booed their team during the defeat to Man City... but so close to the end of the season?
Time will tell

Imagine that for a turn up. All the pressure Pearce was under and his team was the culmination of events that cost another guy his job!

Smacks of knee jerk doesn't it? What else could Coleman do? He's seen his best players sold from under him, no really quality faces brought in to replace them, and no money anyway. So what's Laurie going to do in a month? :confused:

What else could Coleman do? He's seen his best players sold from under him, no really quality faces brought in to replace them,

Just that I think off straight way, in the past two seasons he has lost Van der Sar, Davis, Malbranque, Boa Morte, Saha & Cole. These guys have been replaced with the likes of Helguson, Brown, Christanval and a player from New Zeland! Not due to these being the main targets but the fact he has been giving nothing to buy players with

The couple of times he has been backed he has got excellent signings n Niemi & Jimmy Bullard but both have had bad injuries. :suicide:

I think he's desperately unlucky - Coleman always came across as honest, candid and just generally a nice fella.

And as you guys have said, money... Al Fayed is rolling in the stuff, so why hasn't he allowed Coleman to bring in more quality there? Ultimately I don't think CC could have done much better with the tools at his disposal.

Bet Northern Ireland fans aren't particular happy that Sanchez is moving on to pastures new so quickly?

Coleman has done well to keep Fulham up there with little money over the last couple of seasons in my view. Like others, I feel he's been unlucky.

Whats funny is that in the mirror this morning, I read an article saying coleman had been told his job was safe. Then I look on teletext and read he'd been sacked lol.

seems a strange one.

i think coleman is a great young manager and has worked wonders over the last couple of seasons...

Clubs sack people all too easy these days, Alex Furguson did terrible when he first joined Man Utd....now look at them, he could so easily have been sacked early in his Man Utd career, amazing to think really...uhm ive just repeated myself.

Clubs sack people all too easy these days, Alex Furguson did terrible when he first joined Man Utd....now look at them, he could so easily have been sacked early in his Man Utd career, amazing to think really...uhm ive just repeated myself.
Agreed. It's getting silly now. Once only the real strugglers in the basement (Notts County for example) changed managers more often than my son changes his underwear (ie about once every six months ;) ), now anyone can feel the axe, within 12 months, regardless of success or failure. I can understand if a manager gets 12 straight defeats 12 games into his career, but having said that Dave Bassett had a horrific start to his first season in the top flight with Sheff Utd, yet they went on to survive for four seasons!

seems a strange one.

i think coleman is a great young manager and has worked wonders over the last couple of seasons...

i agree... but on a bright note, i think because of this and dont think he will have a problem getting a job elsewhere.

When you think about how much people rave about Martin O'Neill and then look at the table and see Fulham 1 place below Villa and poor old Coleman has had to sell a lot of his top players it shows what potential he has.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom