1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu vs. Pioneer (50" plasmas)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by IGT, Mar 21, 2002.

1. IGT

IGT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Has anybody viewed Pioneer 503HDE and Fijitsu 5002 50" plasmas ?
    Which one is better?

Regards,
    IGT

2. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    i saw the 50" Fujitsu running yesterday and was very impressed! i had seen it run at the Bristol show and thoughtnit was great and then yesterday saw it running at the house of fraser. the salesman knew his stuff (for a change!) and pointed out that the picture via RGB connection is astounding. they had a tv signal running into it via composite and it was not as bad as i thought it would be. not seen the pioneer run yet though, would be be interested in how that compares.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    IGT

I just posted a reply to your earlier question on the other 50" plasma thread that's running.

In reply to your HDE vs. Fujitsu question I think if you are looking for out and out picture performance the Fujitsu will out perform the HDE and the Fujitsu has the DVI connector that many on this forum will be looking for. I think you should really be looking to compare the Fujitsu with the Pioneer PDP-503MXE plasma display.

The HDE is a great unit where the balance between absolute picture quality and user friendliness is somewhat different to that of the out and out display devices such as the Fujitsu and Pioneer MXE models.

For many the picture quality of the Pioneer HDE PlasmaTV models will far outstrip their expectations and it would only be if you were doing an A/B comparison with some very high quality source components that you would start to notice the difference in picture quality between the PlasmaTV and the Plasma Display devices.

Regards

Joe

4. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would like to check out the Pioneer 503MXE, has anyone seen one on display in Essex?