1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu-Siemens Myrica P50-1 / P50-2

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MortenSchmidt, Jul 29, 2005.

1. MortenSchmidt

MortenSchmidt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are these any good ?
    Can be had for as low as 2600 Euros for the P50-1 model and 3000 for the P50-2 one. Dunno what the difference is.

A bit out of my budget, but for a 50", I might want to stretch a little. Other 50"s are like 4000 Euros.

50" and 1366x768 Res, 3000:1 contrast ratio, HD Ready. Well, they say so in here:

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/home/products/displays/plasma_tvs/myrica_plasma_50.html

So, what's the catch ?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well they arent Fujitsu as we all know Fujitsu plasma they are generic screenss most likely samsungs i would urge you to demo before buying.................

3. Stephen Wilde

Stephen Wilde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Fujitsu Siemens Computers seems to have enough independence from Fujitsu plasma to choose other models of plasma to go with their products.
    They concentrate on monitor use rather than home cinema and will choose
    on the basis of commercial advantage rather than quality alone.
    Using proper Fujitsu plasmas would probably be too expensive for their market niche.

4. MortenSchmidt

MortenSchmidt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about it, they do not seem to have separate "commercial" and "consumer" plasmas. The panel does have dual-tuners with pip and so on, but Yes thinking about it Fujitsu-Siemens is propably mostly supplying their plasmas for commercial use.

Early in the current Tevion/Aldi thread it was suggested that the £999,- 42" Tevion they are selling at Aldi is actually the Fujitsu-Siemens Myrica P42 with a redesigned bezel. Specs hints at similarities and connectivity are identical. Further, I have seen the P42 on sale for DKR 9995,- here in Denmark - slightly less than £1000. So Yes it seems they are capable of making very low cost Plasmas - both 42 and 50".

But question remains - is this bargain 50" plasma any good ???

We are talking true 720p res without downscaling and lots of other nice features here.

Price seems attractive, so someone probably did buy one, or at least checked one out at a store. I'd love to hear from You ! Particulary I'd like to hear if You got any dead/lit pixes and ofcourse how picture quality is.

5. MortenSchmidt

MortenSchmidt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody been out looking for 50" on the cheap ?

6. paul071

paul071

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hm.... I have seen and checked the 42" version (42-1, the non HD-ready one)..The picture quality was fine. The 42-2 version which is HD-ready is sold for below 2000 euros here in Germany - I think it is worth of having a closer look on it.
    An another hint: There is a LG screen (RZ-50 PY-10X) with exactly the same specs and connectivity (rather than a Samsung)...Is there any resemblance between the two? I have been playing around with this 50" LG: The shop had a DVB-S receiver plugged in via component, the picture quality was very good...

7. MortenSchmidt

MortenSchmidt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked and found specs for RZ-50PY10 - no X. Don't know if the "X" is significant.

There are differences between these 2 models:
    - LG has 1 component input - F-S has 2
    - LG has RGB on two SCART's - F-S has RGB on only one SCART
    - LG has 2400 pages videotext - F-S has 252
    - LG claims 1:5000 CR, F-S claims 3000:1

http://de.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.d...arentId=01&modelCodeDisplay=RZ-50PY10&model=7
    http://www.fujitsu-siemens.de/home/products/displays/plasma_tvs/myrica_plasma_50.html

Ofcourse there are many specs that are similar. What made You say it looks similar ?

Is the RZ-50PY10X model different from the RZ-50PY10 ?

8. paul071

paul071

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No, it's ..not sometimes just the X is omitted for some reason. It is rather the panel specs which made me think of their similarity, there are not many 50" plasma panels with these parameters, and I think Samsung does not have any in that size at all..That's because in one of the posts above, somebody has claimed that the FJS might have 'a Samsung inside'..

I'm doubting the two component inputs of the FJS..:
    Component Video 1/2 6x RCA (Y/Pb/Pr)
    Composite Video Ausgang RCA Type

What does the "1/2" mean..? In my opinion, there are 3 RCA jacks which take the component signal. The other two take composite/and the 3rd takes something else... Haven't seen a TV set with two Y/Pb/Pr inputs yet...

Well, I am also getting tempted by that 50"-thing... I am not sure if I like the design of it: the frame and bezel are made of solid aluminium (at least in the 42"-version I have seen) and this makes the set looking ...hummm kind of strange...