Fujitsu PlasmavisionW 63" HD Plasma Display P63XHA30ES FOR 1999.99 ON EBAY

Sicoe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Not sure if anyone has seen this, surely someone has, but as above the 63 inch fujitsu from a few years back is on fle bay for 2 grand, now to me this sounds like one hell of a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fujitsu-Plasm...ryZ96868QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I know the lack of hdmi and dvi is causing a major problem i was just wondering with any of the other connection there is there a way to convert one to dvi etc.

Someone please give me advise as im this close to buying one but dont want to make a mistake

63 inches at 2000:eek: got to be a steal :thumbsup:

cheers

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I always think if somethings that cheap there has to be a reason?

I always think if somethings that cheap there has to be a reason?

Totally agree.

Anyone who is tempted by these should proceed with great caution. Certainly I wouldn't part with any money until you have seen the screen working and I would hire a van and collect it from Wembly to ensure it is a legitimate sale.

Regards

Alastair:hiya:

Hi All

if i was going to purchase i was going to go down in a van definatley, my only concern is the lack of digital inputs

does anyone know if the inputs it has there is a convertor you can buy to make a dvi input etc

cheers

HDFury for ~£80 accepts dvi (HDCP) & outputs via a PC type vga. It is the same resolution & frame rate out as in so the vga input of the panel would need to accept hd video resolutions not just pc resolutions - also at 50 for the like of SkyHD.

The 30 series has a DVI socket which is NOT HDCP compatible. I would use a Fury (or any other branded version of the same box!) but switch it to YUV mode and send it to the component inputs on the screen. These definitely accept 576i/p50, 480i/p60, 720p50/60 and 1080i50/60. The PC input I have a funny feeling does not do some of the 50Hz signals.

The screen itself is about three years old now I guess. It doesn't have much in the way of the latest AVMII/III processing but is still a great panel. The price on it tumbled near the end of it's life but even still it was at £6k mark new. I do remember one or two popping up maybe cheaper but they were rare. £2k still seems FAR too cheap, although with the Panasonic 65" at £4.5k new maybe it's just priced to sell. I would want to look at it running and be allowed time to try sending signals to it with a DVD player etc to make sure it works.

Hi Liam

thanks for the input, i am going down there tommorow or saturday to have a look at the screen and if all ok and going to purchase

i dont suppose you have any good settings for this panel do you for sd and hd, all would be via component :thumbsup:

cheers

Not really apart from to start off in FINE mode and work your way from there. You'll need a THX optimiser disc for very basic setup, but anyone with a setup of your calibre would be mad not to invest in a copy of Digital Video Essentials (the HD-DVD Version has R2 DVD version on the other side).

I use my P42HHA30ES for HTPC, it blows the Pio 436SXE away in this application. Definately have to use 'FINE' mode for best picture.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom