1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu Plasma problem - please help

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by farnell, May 12, 2001.

1. farnell

farnell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a second hand Fujitsu plasma tv. As it had no tv tuner I thought I'd be able to use the tv tuner on my nicam vcr. I tried scart to s-video, although as I presumed this gave me a black&white grainy picture. I then tried scart to composite video (although I had to use a bnc connector on the end of the video cable to match with the fujitsu) and this gave no picture at all. I can get sound through the audio leads. The other tv connects are 3 bnc component connects and a computer connect.

How can I get terrestiasl tv ? Help I've got the plasma but no tv to watch. (However it's great for dvd's).

Thanks

Steve

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +417
    have you checked no s-vid switching nec on set or in menu, or tried a straight connect from vid as composite only - i.e. whip off the composite lead you'd use vcr to tv and switch vcr to composite, not scart control, out as a test if not solution in mean time?
    I had a vid which needed both comp and scart to get a pic on tv - not on scart control before anyone sais was! - which may be case with you, worth a go.
    Encaser

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve, if all else fails - Keene Electronics-01332 830550 or Lektropacks www.lektropacks.co.uk - 08700 711911 should have a solution.

Regards
    Barrie

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...hope you had luck with that fix, how much did the Plasma set you back anyways?

5. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could always get an S-VHS video and then there would be no problem. This would give you a much better picture anyway. :D ;) :D ;)

6. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6