Fujitsu PDS4222 set up

N

navstar

Hi
I'm a bit new to this sort of thing....can anyone help.

I have a Fujitsu PDS4222 plasma and can't get any picture on it. I know that the output from the DVD, sky and video are all ok as they all work on my regular TV.

I am feeding the DVD to the plasma via Svideo and the Sky goes through the video and then out to the plasma via BNC/phono (all audio goes directly to my amp). I cannot get any picture from any source.

One thing though, when the plasma arrived the powere cable was a USA type, I'm wondering if the unit was default tuned to US video satndars not UK.....if this was the case how do I change it and would it be possible to see any sort of picture is the unit was set up to US standard but being fed a UK standard signal?

Or can anyone point me towards a technical guy who would come round to my house and complete the installation (cable only) in the Richmond upon Thames area.

Help!!!!

Hi,

you should be able to get something on your screen - even if it's just B&W! Does any of the menu setting come up or is the screen completely dead?

All the best,

John..

John

Thanks for your reply.....last night I managed to get a sky signal directly into the monitor via the video BNC input (scart to BNC)...however I also plugged an S-Video cable from my DVD into the S-Video input on the plasma but was unable to get a signal....however I swapped the sky cable (scart to BNC) and used it to go from the DVD to plasma and it worked fine. So clearly the problem I now have is how to switch between inputs....is it a case of mapping ? I noticed that the signal that I can receive is identified as "monitor 0"...do I have to map monitor 1 to the S-Video etc or should it auto switch?
Thanks in advance,
Nav

Not too sure why S-Video isn't working for you. Have you disconnected the Video input first and tried again?

All the best,

John.

I have a fujitsu plasma the 4229, and I believe they all use a similar operating system, with that you have to manually switch between the video sources using the remote. Just press the "Video" button and it will take you sequentially through the video inputs. When "S-Video" appears on the screen it will then display any video input through that socket

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom