Fujitsu P50XHA40US (little Help Needed)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by DJBlade, Mar 24, 2006.

1. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Hi all,
    I'll be buying the above Fuji Display over the weekend, which make of bracket (Wall) do you recommend ? I'll be mounting on a custom made false chimney breast, i used a unicol bracket with my old pioneer mxe which was quite simple to hang the display onto and allowed a little horizontal tweaking, so want something similar this time around.

Also, what cables would you run to the display ??

I only use Sky & my Arcam DV27 at the moment, but
    it will be quite a job to run new cables after the install, would like to get them in now.

TIA

2. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are in for one helluva treat buddy! Best panel on market at that price point...

Liam at Progressive installed mine - and he has a wicked universal one which is fantastic! Check his website out or call him.

Dil

3. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    No ideas on brackets ??

4. CheekyKid

CheekyKid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    any idea when the new fujitsus are coming out?

5. Avi

Avi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,064

What about the Fujitsu sourced wall mount ? I think it's about £99 and is very easy to mount as it comes in two bits - wall bracket and display bracket. The display bracket then just hangs on to the wall bracket simple !:smashin: The one I have is also adjustable (tilt). If you don't facy that the bracket needs to clear the module that stands proud (1.25")on the lower back of the display so you will need spacers.:lesson:

I have lots of input (Scart, HDMI, SDI, Comp, DVI, S-Video) but use a video processor and only have 1 x HDMI cable running to the display. If you don't use a VP the safest thing is to cable everything - it's probably overkill but at least you're covered.

AVI

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,520
    Hello DJBlade

Fujitsu's own mount is very good - I can never remember which one offers any movement though!

If you still have your Unicol PLW you can reuse the wall plate and simply order a new part to suit the P50XHA40US Display.

If your not adding in a Video Processor at this time I'd add a JS Technology RGB2YUV converter to your SKY Output and switch SKY and your DV27 via the YPbPr 'Component' Inputs on your AV8 - then a single 3RCA cable from the AV8 to the Display.

As others have suggested I'd install HDMI, DVI and S-Video cables whilst your at it to give you lots of flexibility for future systems changes and additions.

Best regards

Joe

7. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Hi, the display arrived today, have not taken it right out of its box, but have noticed the rear panel bulges out, i've yet to take delivery of the unicol wall mount, so, does this bulge affect the wall mounting ??

tia

8. DJBlade

DJBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182