Fujitsu p42xha58eb and Hd-dvd players

kerby1991

Established Member
Reaction score
is anyone using a toshiba hd-dvd player on the fujitsu panel, and if so whats the pq like, also do you notice any juddering ?

The AVM processor in the Fuji is very good at reducing frame rate conversion based judder, so I would be very surprised if you saw any unless there was a problem with the disc.

I haven't yet run an HD-DVD player with mine but I do use Blu Ray and the picture is fabulous :thumbsup:

Yep I am :smashin:

no less than STUNNING HD picture quality from the Tosh' and zero judder

The new Fuji is great with Sky HD, HD DVD, Blu-Ray dvd and console gaming.

Yep I am :smashin:

no less than STUNNING HD picture quality from the Tosh' and zero judder

The new Fuji is great with Sky HD, HD DVD, Blu-Ray dvd and console gaming.

Found the same here using a HD-E1.

thanks for the replys, just need to find someone using the same sd -player as me now, have posted a new thread,

AVMII will do reverse of 3:2 pulldown process used in telecine process and will put it back to 24fps.

You will always get judder with normal 24fps, 1/48 110° film. Judder is perceived more as resolution increases. Judder is a huge problem with broadcast HD progressive footage. Most camera operators have always used 50/60i and never had to worry about judder. They are now faced with 25/30p, and to be honest, they have never been trained to use these progressive frames. With film you have to follow strict pan speeds depending on your focal length, cars cannot do 50mph, they have to do 45mph etc. What also makes broadcast HD worse for judder is the small size of the CCD/CMOS sensors, focal length of the lenses are far shorter, 15-25mm, lower depth of field therefor judder can be noticed more than a 35mm film with a 135mm lens.

AVMII will do reverse of 3:2 pulldown process used in telecine process and will put it back to 24fps.

You will always get judder with normal 24fps, 1/48 110° film. Judder is perceived more as resolution increases. Judder is a huge problem with broadcast HD progressive footage. Most camera operators have always used 50/60i and never had to worry about judder. They are now faced with 25/30p, and to be honest, they have never been trained to use these progressive frames. With film you have to follow strict pan speeds depending on your focal length, cars cannot do 50mph, they have to do 45mph etc. What also makes broadcast HD worse for judder is the small size of the CCD/CMOS sensors, focal length of the lenses are far shorter, 15-25mm, lower depth of field therefor judder can be noticed more than a 35mm film with a 135mm lens.

Why aren't they using 50/60fps progressive?

Why aren't they using 50/60fps progressive?
Some sports events they record at 50p to give those nice slowmo replays. It's also down to storage capacity. It's like film, you cant say record at 48fps, the film will be twice as long and cost twice as much and the film will need to be very fast because of the quick shutter speeds. Almost all projectors wont project 48fps also, most work at 48Hz or 72Hz flashing the image multiple times, or some flash twice and have one blank flash, 144Hz may be too much.

Google how the 3:2 process works.

I used a Aaton camera with a 4k back recently, it uses several (2-3) tera-bytes of disk storage an hour.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom