1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu P42VHA30ES .... I got a complete bargain!!!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Uzey, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I happened to come accross a price of £1757 (inc. VAT) for the Fujitsu P42VHA30ES at www.portables.co.uk. I immediately phoned them to check stocks and the price. He said he had a few in stock and that the price was correct.
    I immediately trudged into London (ugh!) to pick it up before they changed their minds. Once there, they fetched the screen from their warehouse and set it up for me to view and whilst I was doing this they sorted out the paperwork.
    Next thing, Martin (the sales guy) came in and explained that somebody had made a mistake on the website and accidently put in the price that they pay BEFORE VAT is added and that they couldn't sell it to me for that price. He said that I could have it for £1995 and he'll throw in a free tilting wallmount as a way of apology.
    Seeing as I hadn't seen the price of this highly regarded (and Panny PW6 glassed) screen for below £2300 I eventually agreed.
    When I arrived home tonight and checked their website again, the price is now up to a whopping £2344.
    I think you will all agree that although I was slightly stitched at the beginning, I have landed firmly on my feet!
    Just thought I'd share it with you guys (thanks for listening.....er reading).
    Now, where's my Star Wars boxset, it's gonna be a long night! :clap:

2. Koing

Koing
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice story Uzey.

You made out with a cool discount and a free tilting wall mount!

Now get a pic of us!

Koing

3. moku

moku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Uzey, welcome to the exclusive club of Fujitsu Plasma owners. I'm also a proud owner of the P42VHA30ES and its fantastic. Money well spent despite paying a bit more than you did.

You've got a real bagain and an early present fro Santa!

4. icehockeyboy

icehockeyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive also just bought one of these beauties!and i do believe got an even better bargain than yours,...it was delivered, free wall bracket.......free chord component cable, and installed.........all in........plus 2 year onsite "swap out" warranty........£2000! good or what!! :clap:

5. W_Wilko

W_Wilko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IceHB - from where?!!

6. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: