1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu P42HHS10 for £1999?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JohnP, Mar 9, 2005.

1. JohnP

JohnP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a plasma virgin, but is this a good deal at:

www.electricshop.com/invt/4066fuj111267a&bklist=icat,3,,plasmatvs

The panel looked good when I saw it working elsewhere recently. Claims to be HD-ready - but should I go for the cheaper standard Panny?

I just use SCART between my current TV and Video/DVD/Freeview boxes.

Any thoughts? :lease:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It's certainly not HD ready, they are just about to release the HHS40, so it's a bit old. I think if you like this panel you'd get a more up to date almost identical panel from Hitachi.

3. JohnP

JohnP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I realise the model 40 is about to hit the streets, but the 10 and 30 seemed to have been appreciated by most reviewers in the past - though the ALIS is not to everyone's (or your) taste!

Just seemed that the pixel resolution on the Fuji was rather better than the Panny PWB6 or 7. Is it really not HD ready? - salesman kept saying it was. Might it have PC inputs to drive at PC resolutions?

John

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Never mind my personal tastes, it needs to have a digital video input that can run 720p and 1080i both at 50Hz and with HDCP compliance to be hdtv ready. It does not have this feature. I don't think it's a particular bargain, as I say you can buy an up to date Hitachi for less than that. Same glass, only the warranty will be different.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    fujitsu processing is better than the Hitachis.......... but it is NOT HD ready!!! 50Hz HDCP is the killer.Also the 10 series do/did suffer horizontal banding....£2k almost buys you a Panny SD panel and scaler!!!!! i would atke the panny and scaler......

6. JohnP

JohnP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, your comments much appreciated. I'll look into Hitachi's and think more about Pannys.