1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu owners (or experts...) help please. Band of unlit pixels in Wide2 mode...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Family Guy, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Picked up a Fujitsu plasma the other night (a 4203W - I've come to the conclusion it's an imported model...). Using Wide2 mode, I get a border all the way around the picture of unlit pixels, 6 deep along the top and bottom, and 6 wide around the sides...giving the picture a grey frame. Now, the pixels aren't dead beacuse they light in every other mode, including wide 1...

Now, could the previous owner, who knows nothing about the workings of the plasma, have changed something in the internal settings or service menu? I can't get it to light these pixels any way I try in wide2 mode. If I try to expand the pictuer using the video menu, it expands and stretches the picture, but within the bounds of the unlit pixels... :confused:

Any help would be some help, and if someone gives me the code to get into the service menu, I promise I won't be mad when I ruin everything else... :devil:

2. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,

I do know that you can mask the picture which knocks off a border of pixels, could be worth a try but I would have thought it may affect all modes of display??
    Have you tried looking at the online manuals I can only see a PDS4208 but may be similar...I understand the odd model numbers were commercial and the even numbers were for consumer models.
    here's the link:
    http://www.fujitsu-general.co.uk/plasma/home/pdfs/old_models/PDS4208_UsersManual.pdf

I'll also have another look at mine when I get chance this weekend for you to see if I can help anymore.

Cheers, Andrew

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks...I have the manual for the display but it dosen't say anything about masking. Just that wide2 gives the best compromise for all aspects, but it has an annoying gry border around the picture... :(

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just played a prog scan signal through the Plasma for the first time and the band dissapeared...happens in Pal & NTSC prog... :confused:
    I have orderded this cable to go from my Sky+ box to the RGB in on the plasma...will this in effect, give me an SVGA signal from Sky? Not being the sharpest tool in the box, is SVGA the same as a prog scan signal...? If it is, it should kill the border as well...hopefully.

5. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,
    The mask menu option on my pds4242 is in the on screen menu:
    Features / Input Terminal / BNC input / and then either on or off
    Doesn't sound like that's what is is though unfortunately!!
    The only other thing I can add is that mine displays the full screen of pixels on all the wide and zoom settings but that's how it worked when I got it.
    Let me know if I can do anymore,
    Andrew

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No - you've been a great help thank you. Think I'm gonna save my pennies for an Iscan Pro...