Fujitsu and image retention

kerby1991

do fujitsu plasmas suffer from any image retention problems, must admit have never heard of any, but was just reading a thread that said they suffer more problems than the new pioneers ?

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Local hifi shop and quite a few folks on here (including a guy who works for them!) say that they have no issue with image retention at all!

MAW

Banned
You occasionally see an after image for 10 seconds or so, usually after watching an anamorphic film. It is literally 10 secs, and gone.

chambeaj

do fujitsu plasmas suffer from any image retention problems, must admit have never heard of any, but was just reading a thread that said they suffer more problems than the new pioneers ?

Well just to balance things up. There is one individual I know who has suffered bad image retention problems on both the 42" and 50" Fujitsu 58 Series.

The 50" had clocked up 1000hrs and been ISF calibrated at 500hours. Yet despite all this watching the Sci-Fi channel for 40 mins resulted in image retention. The Sci-Fi logo image retention would take a few hours to dissipate.

The Pioneer is as tough as they come. Not the slightest hint of retention.

Bumtious

Banned
Well just to balance things up. There is one individual I know who has suffered bad image retention problems on both the 42" and 50" Fujitsu 58 Series.

The 50" had clocked up 1000hrs and been ISF calibrated at 500hours. Yet despite all this watching the Sci-Fi channel for 40 mins resulted in image retention. The Sci-Fi logo image retention would take a few hours to dissipate.

The Pioneer is as tough as they come. Not the slightest hint of retention.

Agree with you there Chambeaj, again I have a mate that sells and installs Fujitsu, they are certainly not immune to retention however, I am not aware of anything does not dissappear in time.

Knowing the contast levels that some intstallers set to, which are very low, it is unlikely that it would raise its head too often.

steve1056

I have over 2000 hours on mine and have never seen any signs of image retention.

Piers

I hope that the 50" wasn't one that I had ISF calibrated - if it was I haven't had any feedback from the client and I would have expected to have heard.

I have tried and tried to make my own 42" Fujitsu show signs of image retention. Sky paused for hours, test patterns from a signal generator (notably the sharpness pattern from my VP401 which used to take 30 minutes to disappear on Pioneer 436s) and I just can't get my Fujitsu to misbehave. The nearest I can get is to go to the white screen function immediately after displaying patterns that should produce image retention - yes, I can then see retention which disappears after a few minutes. During those few minutes switching to real images (i.e. getting out of the white screen mode) and I can't see the retention.

Retention is not a reason to favour Pioneer over Fujitsu from all that I have seen.

The Pioneer 8G may be better than the Fujitsu regarding image retention (I can't say for sure, I still don't have the software to access the ISF CCC functions of the new Pioneers, so haven't calibrated one yet). I just know that image retention was not and is not a problem with any Fujitsu 58 series plasma screen that I have seen.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom