Fujitsu 50XHA30 UK vs US?

J

jmlondon

Does anyone know what the difference is between the UK and US versions of the Fujitsu 50XHA30?

I've been looking at the Pany and 50XHA30 since they seem to be similarly priced, was heading towards the Fujitsu due to the DVI connection but it doesn't sound like the DVI works correctly?

Latest report: no DVI input on UK 30 series. :rolleyes:

If Fujitsu General UK can't sort it out we'll have to call on Trainer Dave at Fujitsu General USA for a fix. :(

Does the 30 series P50 have HDMI input? If so it effectively replaces the DVI input, with the added feature of longer cable runs. Anyone see an HDMI input on the panel?

On second thought this seems highly unlikely, after all why would anyone want a digital input on a digital panel?

Apparently it comes in pre-configured form for the UK/Europe market equipped with a P-TE1300 card with in addition to D-SUB15 computer VGA input, SCART / Y/C / Composite / Standard definition RGB + 1 HD Component input.

It seems logical that vendors, at customer request, should be able to swap the P-TE1300 card for a USA model 30 series input card. Here's a technical drawing of the P50XHA30US:
P50XHA30_drawing.jpg

This should match up with the board location of the UK version. Now if only at least 1 UK vendor could source the US Model's input cards as a purchase option, all would be well in UK Fujitsu land. :cool:

I'm working on it. The remote is US input module ready, maybe it's simply Fujitsu choosing to import them

edit. Just heard from the tech guys, and after discussion, the US input module would REPLACE both the scart module and the RGB VGA module, so it's not as simple as it appears. We are probing deeper.

Thanks MAW for your lightning quick action! :cool:

We'll keep posted. I've asked Trainer Dave to look into it on the US side.

Best,

By the way, won't the expected P50XCA30 European commercial model have the same input array as their counterpart, the forthcoming American P50XCA30US/UH model? I can't imagine a commercial display without full computer compatibility. For the HTPC home theater market this is also the essential input mode. Worth a quick check with Fujitsu General UK - if it will, folks in Europe could purchase the one they prefer without sacrificing either 10-bit colour processing or digital inputs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom