1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu 4233 keeps switching itself off...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pinkfloydfan, Sep 24, 2004.

1. pinkfloydfan

pinkfloydfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I have a Fujitsu PDS4233 which is about two-and-a-half years old. In the last few days it has started to switch itself off after about 1 hours' use at which time the red power indicator light constantly flashes on and off. If I then unplug it and reconnect it I get maybe 1 - 2 minutes use before the same happens again and so I have to unplug it overnight in order to get another hours' benefit. My wife, kids and I are not very happy...

I thought that maybe it was overheating but the fan still works (it has never been too silent) and it is not getting hot. Can anybody tell me what is likely to be happening and recommend a good repair centre (preferably one that picks up in Hertfordshire).

Many Thanks
    Pinkfloydfan

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Power supply is fading out by the sound of it, fujitsu can repair it, it will be a few hundred quid though. They will pick it up from you, or possibly do it on site.

3. pinkfloydfan

pinkfloydfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. Will let you know how I get on with Fuji

4. moku

moku
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Fujitsu user manual advises that one should stop using the panel when the problem described above occurs. Continued use may result in more extensive damage being caused to the panel.

A friend had a similar problem and was easily resolved by Fuji under warranty terms but had to return panel to Fuji.

Moku

5. algg

algg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you get it fixed pls? How much does they charged?

6. kiza

kiza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Try vaccuuming all mesh slots on panel. Dust build up can lead to overheating hence powering off!

7. Fast Fred

Fast Fred
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I have a Fuji PDS42 33E-H with the same problem, turning off after 20-30 mins, red light flashing.

If I leave it half an hour I get another 20 mins, I've found if I hold the nozzle of the vacuum cleaner by the rear middle vent I can turn it back on after 30 seconds and get another 20 mins.

Does this mean the fans aren't working efficiently? If so, can they be replaced cheaply by me rather than having to pay a wedge of cash to a repair shop?

Thanks

8. Bmode

Bmode
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not necessarily the power supply. A client gave me a PDS-4233 as it was turning off frequently, so once in my possession I removed the back and dusted if off, and now it works fine? To bad it's not a HD plasma, but it looks fantastic for ED.