1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu 4229 Plasma question

Discussion in 'TVs' started by j3t, Feb 12, 2002.

1. j3t

j3t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I recently bought a 42" Fujitsu plasma screen. Its main purpose is to serve DVD and a variety of NTSC videogame consoles.

The only problem I have with the set is that on each of the consoles there is a 1 inch black border on the left and the right hand side of the screen. I was expecting that I would get a complete full screen picture instead of losing approximatly 2.5inches in total. The verticle positioning is fine, its the horizontal thats the problem. I am able to expand the withe of the screen slightly the black bar is still very apparent.

Any ideas?

FYI I have - Xbox (US) PS2 (US) Gamecube (Japanese)

2. j3t

j3t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alternatively can anyone who has a plasma set and whom uses game consoles tell me if thye have the same problem or not?

3. j3t

j3t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^bump^

4. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I do not own a plasma screen, but I think the reason might be they are set up with a very precise amount of overscan, so less of the image is cut around the edge than on a regular tube.

Video games are traditionally output with black borders all the way around, which just about vanish on most TV's. The reason for the surrounding border is simply that since game developers want to use all the available capacity, the consoles ignore the areas which are normally cut on a TV. Hence I think your TV is working normally.