1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fujitsu 4222 refuses to start - help please!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Neil Harrington, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Neil Harrington

Neil Harrington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grateful for any help with this one....

I have a fujitsu 4222 plasma that sometimes refuses to start .. once its going
    its fine... but once cold... its touch and go .. the problem is getting
    worse.
    Once it stops working it leaves the red led constantly flashing which I
    believe indicates a PSU problem.
    Spoke to Fujitsu who reckoned either main PSU board ( my theory) at Ł450 or
    either of the two sustain boards Ł900 each and its guess work which one !
    Does anyone have experience of this unit or similar for a component level
    fix ( I am a qualified HV engineer but don't have any plasma experience)

Really appreciate any help

NEIL

2. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jeez sounds like a fault wiv da processor innit..how long you had it and warranty run out I suppose?

3. Neil Harrington

Neil Harrington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nope... its not the processor... definately the switch mode .. you can hear it try and start switching then stop and then the processor shuts it down.. if you heat the transformer. sometimes you can get it to start then its fine.. as long as you dont ever switch off ! price from fujitsu is £450 for a new power board.... 1/3 the price of a decent plasma ...

4. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neil that is day light robbery i had one of those 4242 old 2nd generation modl fujis and the bloody on off button on the front dont work! needed the remote so i guess its the PSU thingy..

dotn know much about fuji models but if its really old (2000/1) id get a new 50 incher!

Dil

5. Neil Harrington

Neil Harrington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Dilsher

Gotta admit .. this thing is getting to me now.. I swear the back panel is on velcro! when it works its fantastic.. despite the slightly grey blacks.. but the switcher is noisy as hell and sometimes refuses to start.. Ive repaired all manner of switchers but this one has me foxed .. fixing it has become an obsession even if its to prove you dont have to pay £450 for a new PSU from the manufacturer . So gonna kep looking and will be sure to post if I fix it .. otherwise looking for a 4222 or 4221 with a brokern screen to rob for parts ..

cheers all

6. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny enuff i do have a 42" Fuji summat model wiv a broken screen in my garage!!!! I will check the model number and if ya want it mate its yours!!!!

Dil

7. Neil Harrington

Neil Harrington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dilsher
    Mate if this fuji has the same power supply I will be one happy chappy
    I suspect that fujitsu use the same psu module for a couple of years on different models , only updateing processors etc to get the best performance , so there is a good chance its the same board .. I will post a photo if you can get inside it.. its about fifty screws and its under the plastic cover in the centre of the screen .. more than happy to collect of course ( where are you BTW!)
    cheers
    neil

8. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Neil

Im in central london (city E2 area)..Liam was over yesterday and he said its hte 4242 business modl i have and yeps it should work..I will send you my phone number by PM. :clap:

9. Neil Harrington

Neil Harrington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dilsher.. you have made my day .... I will call you this evening to discuss.

:thumbsup:

10. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No probs mate....