1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fujitsu 42 hhs-30es

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by hutchys, Oct 3, 2004.

1. hutchys

hutchys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have or has seen one of these panels in use. Are they good?the reviews all point to good things, I have seen an VGA-30(I think it was called that, and this looked fine), but the HHs si an ALIS screen and the VGA is not. Would this make a difference?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    big difference fujitsu HHA and HCA are superb HHA10 had some banding issues and contrast is too panny levels but it is excellent with an interlaced component video.....

3. hutchys

hutchys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank HD so you think the HHs which can be bought for £3500 would be a better buy than say the Panny PHD6 for approx £3100?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    tough call i might be getting confused.......ok scrub it i am really really confused now............. FOR HTPC use go panny for video use Fujitsu.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    HHA30 is £3.2 which is very good value for money

6. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    ALiS technology doesn't have that many fans around here! Some say it works well with interlaced feeds but not so with progressive, I'm not a big fan of it's performance with scalers and HCPCs but it is still a good screen. Boils down to if you like the look of it over the Panasonic, Pioneer and NEC offerings really.

The HHS specifically is a better performer over all the other ALiS screens since it includes a media box with advanced Faroudja/AVM processing. The idea being a very impressive picture straight out of the box which it delivers on. It's also got a huuuge number of inputs (analogue and digital, audio and video) for a plasma screen. Personally I would rather put together my own choice of panel and processor etc but the HHS saves on any of the mucking about.

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    But no way can it touch a panny HD or a Pio. MXe1

8. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    With the HHS it seems beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people cannot get enough of the thing and others are just happy to have What Hifi's favorite screen! I reckon it would give the MXE and HD Panny panels (running from average source components) a good old run, stick a Lumagen into either of those and you've got a totally different story though (and a bigger price tag).

9. hutchys

hutchys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK Liam/HD and all I am also cosidering the NEC42XM2 with a lumagen dvi?/Iscan HD would this give a better performance than the Fujitsu bearing in mind I will mostly be watching Sky + DVD with the very occassional PC use. I did think as you pointed out the fujitsu has a hugh amount of connections(more than I need really) the performance is apparently very good (have not seen this yet) this is why I am asking if anyone has seen the screen in use, or compaired it to the NEC?

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    no experiance of NEC Liam is more the man for that.......... I have known that the Fujitsu VHA with Iscan HD is superb even tho it is lower res it is superb ..... depends what you want

11. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    The NEC with an iScan/Lumagen is going to give you a fantastic image. Since you have only seen the VHA30 you need to be aware that the NEC and the Fuji HHS are a different picture to the VHA30, the blacks are not as deep and detailed, but colour accuracy is very sharp, especially on the NEC, and the image feels much brighter and more detailed overall. I like the idea of the XM2 and processor for the same money as other high res panels on their own, and I reckon that would give a much better picture over the Fuji HHS.

12. hutchys

hutchys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So Liam my choice of the NEC with ISCAN HD over the Fujitsu HHS is a good one? you say you would rather put together your own system for the price of the Fujisu HHS. What would that be please if you dont mind.
    Thanks

13. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    If I was limited to HHS budget than I would go for the NEC XM2 but more likely with a Lumagen (don't need audio delay and prefer Lumagen) and use the last bit of budget on ensuring decent cables. The only spanner in the works is if you've got extra budget to get a Panasonic 42PHD :)