• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fujitsu 40 series

Rahmorak

Established Member
Howdy,

I got the following back from Fujitsu re. an enquiry about the 40 series:

Yes, our current and future DVi screens support HDCP.

Similarly, ALL our home theatre models (silver) support HD (High Definition) in Component (analogue) and/or DVi (digital), at both 720p and 1080i lines.

Unfortunately, we are staying with DVi in the UK and European market, as opposed to HDMi which will be available on the USA models in the 40 series.

The launch for the 40 series is officially at the Bristol show end of this month (February), but realistically product availability will about a month later (end of March, beginning of April).

I will see if I can get clarification that the 720p is @50Hz. I was hoping to see the 40 series sooner than that, having to wait another 2 months to know whether or not I want one will kill me. :)

Cheers
R

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Good Stuff Rahmorak i think that there will be a few units at some select dealers before bristol, but i woulld get your order in quick.......as these are hottly tiupped screens......(after a comprehensive demo of course, with a side by side contender..)

Rahmorak

Established Member
The confirmation from Fujitisu:

The P42HHS30 (42” high resolution, 30 series) is the only plasma we currently sell with DVi. It supports both 50 and 60 Hz @720p AND 1080i (all combinations) in Component video AND DVi.

All the 40 series with DVi and / or component will have the same support.

:)

Agreed Horny re. getting an order in fast, could be a very exciting panel although as we still don't know the expected retail price it makes it a bit trickier although I would be shocked if it was more than the existing screens.

Cheers
R

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
well adding DVi in europe means an extra 14% tax (why fujitsu dropped it for the 30 series in Europe) so i wouldn't expect a huge drop.....................

Pat Marcus

Established Member
Great research Rahmorak. Ive held off buying a screen pending the emergence of this range. Am I right in thinking that the only other than promises this support is the "4 series" from NEC ? Im yet to hear anyone`s views on these but think that Liam @ Prog AV might have done the test.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Pioneer 435XDE series 434 504 505 etc are also fully compatible.... NEC VR5 works still a big question mark over the XR3 LG is suppposed to but no conclusive test i am aware of.....NONE of this means it will deffo work with Sky HD TV

cucuz

Established Member
I was warned some weeks ago by Fujitsu UK technical that they are experiencing problems with judder when used with all external scalers ! Just so we don't get carried away that plasma perfection is about to arrive !

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Pricing and the new Fujitsus will be available at Bristol HiFi Show....not sure if it will available much before then...

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom