1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujifine pix 550 Or Canon A95?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Fangorn, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Fangorn

Fangorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    What shoud I go for please?

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    Can't answer your question directly and everyone will have an opinion, you also neglect to mention what is of importance to you, price, size, features etc.

Reviews for both though can be found here for the Canon and here for the Fuji

3. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My two pence. Iso of 800 (though you're going to see a lot of noise at higher ISO's, 4X optical zoom, fast shot to shot speed. High resolution and 30fps per second 640x480 with sound. Only draw back seem to be the interpolation that you're forced to use at best settings. which you softwear could mangae for you. If you chose to use it, here you have no choice. XD cards have a limit of 512mb

A95.
    Nothing really in it here. It's really going to be a subjective issue. 5MP 3x optical zoom. fast shot to shot speed. The flip screen is a fantastic feature. I have the S1 and like the A95 the screen flips out. This is really handy for protection when you invert the screen, and taking low level shots, you dont have to crouch down as the screen will turn upwards. At an event not long ago ans was trying to get shots above a crowd. I just put my arm in the air turned the screen down towards me and could see what i was taking. It really is a great feature

End of the day there really isn't that much between them.

4. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    Not much difference in the prices either; Canon Fuji.

You'll probably be able to pick them up cheaper if you hunt around :)

Seeing as Sean has given his 2 penneth I'll give mine :D

I've been a Canon fan for a long time and still regularly use a Canon SLR.
    Over the years I've accrued a lot of paraphernalia that I'd hate to just discard, primarily lens filters.

Nice thing about the Powershot series is that Canon have also designed and made available (albeit at extra cost :rolleyes: ) a lens adapter; the LA-DC52C which is used primarily for attaching a tele converter and a wide converter lens attachment, once again both available at extra cost :laugh:

Best thing is the screw thread is 52mm which just happens to be the same width as the Cokin filter attachment I use so I can still use my ND, Polariser, Close up filters etc :thumbsup:

5. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just to throw the ball up in the air (and i'm a big canon fan) The fuji can also take extra lenses. But i'd go for the canon

6. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,190
    Ooops I must have forgotten to mention that :blush:

Me too :D

7. Fangorn

Fangorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks for the info so far, to be honest currently I favour the Fuji because 1) It’s smaller and more compact. 2) Slightly better optical zoom. I keep hearing about better iso settings, I really don’t no what this means to be honest. Or if it is a benefit to your average user etc. Also the purple tinge to edges when zooming keeps coming up, what is that all about? How many mega pixels is not a factor in my choice either. I just want a decent camera that I can grow with if I get into photography. I do go to concerts often and it would be nice to take the camera with me. I know that throws up a whole host of problems for camera to deal with. But having never owned any camera I don’t expect miracles or amazing results. Maybe I am aiming too high for what I need.......?

8. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1