Fujifilm XA7 vs XT30

I personally would never consider cameras without a viewfinder so that immediately would rule out the XA7. On top of that, other than the LCD screen the XT30 is better in just about every other way.

I personally would never consider cameras without a viewfinder so that immediately would rule out the XA7. On top of that, other than the LCD screen the XT30 is better in just about every other way.

ditto

Had the same dilemma and ended up with the x-t30 mainly due to the viewfinder. The size difference is negligible as you can see.

Have to say though, the x-a7 felt wonderfully balanced in the hand when I tried it at the local camera store.

I bought the XA7 and I felt it seemed a little plasticky, I thought the body was metal but it was metal coloured plastic (the silver finished one)
Also the controls were a little confusing It seemed to have a dumb version and photographers version.
For instance if you wanted to change the aperture you go into the touch screen menus and you alter the change background blur slider...so a little confusing if you went looking for alter aperture etc.
So in the end I bought the xt30 too and find it more sturdy and it feels like a proper camera once set up to your personal spec.
Plus the view finder with the diopter was a God send if you wear glasses and all the controls on buttons instead of touch screen makes it easier for glasses wearing photographers..really loving the XT30

The XT30's a cracking camera imo, I just found it a bit too small for my hands and so preferred the XT3, but if my hands were a bit smaller I'd choose the XT30 (y)

I bought it mainly for travel so ideal really. I also bought the 27mm pancake lens for the same reasons as above.

I'm selling my Fuji XA7 but still unsure whether to keep the XC 15-45 mm lens that I got with it or sell it all and buy a XF 18 - 55mm lens?
Not too bothered about the XC 15 -45mm not having an aperture dial cause the 27mm pancake does not and I've got used to changing aperture by command dial on the front of the camera.
The XC 15=45mm gets good reviews and with its light weight and compact size it would be ideal for travel too..

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom