Fuji X Pro1 details (bringing sexy back)

twist

Distinguished Member
Me wan tu. Finally the camera Ive been waiting for from Fuji. Forget the NEX-7. Thanks for the post.

Moor

This looks amazing, I was holding out for a NEX 7 but this may change my mind.

Jammyb

Novice Member
There's also a new Olympus due soon that will be weatherproof and have a viewfinder. If it has a new sensor then that could be very tempting. Especially with so many nice and reasonably priced lenses available for micro 4/3.

Feel like the Panasonic GX1 is too little too late.

Jammyb

Novice Member
Canon are releasing a new G series instead. But they're being extra specially brave this time and not making it exactly the same as G9, G10, G11 and G12....

Then they'll regret it and release a 650D that will be a 600D with a Digic 5 chip....

They've got the exterior styling spot on I think, much nicer than all those smooth over styled things like the new nikons, or the just plain very ugly sony nex system.

So is it any good :)

Jammyb

Novice Member
Hmm looks like it is $1700 body only...boo!! Cheap compared to a leica M9 but not compared to a 5d MkII

The total lack of mention of any AF system is worrying, suspect it's going to be slow, plus no IS on the sensor or lens.

Still want one though

DolbyDan

Shocking this (on paper) blows the competition out of the water!

Jammyb

Novice Member
You can preorder for $1384 with the 35mm 1.4 lens.

Couple of months after launch it will be pretty reasonable I reckon.

Jammyb

Novice Member
How does it blow the nex7 out of the water?
It's not being made in Thailand under the water?

Need to wait and see now to be honest. I've been spoiled by my 50D and USM lenses and I'm concerned how slow the AF on this might be. I was really hoping for the silent shutter of the X100 as well which this doesn't have.

On the video's the shutter has not been used yet, suspect it makes a noise like a metro door being slammed.