1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji SHOCK.....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ncpl, Mar 1, 2003.

1. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Folks,

Following the various posts in the last week (Steve, you'll love this), and especially the Bristol views of the HHA Fuji (including my own), I thought I'd update you with my findings from my visit today to 7 Oakes, Reading....

I bought one !!!!!!!

Rgds

Nick :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    ncpl
    Well done !

Unfortunately the only HHA I have seen was very badly set up/fed.
    I checked the midlands 7Oaks today and they are not getting the HHA for 2 - 3 weeks.
    I then checked 7Oaks 7Oaks, actually wanting to see the HHS (expensive model), purely because of the bad demo of the HHA.
    I had some interesting information from them implying that Fujitsu are not alway providing them with the service you may think that they deserve. (I'm trying to be subtle, but it's difficult for me!).
    So I continue looking, just in case the HHS or HHA can ever be viewed properly, apart from in Harrods.

Anyway well done again, and I must ask, did you see SKY(RGB) on it ?

Steve:)

3. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Steve,

Yes, I saw lots of Sky channels. I got the guys to take the HHA out of the front of shop and put it in the demo room, so I could feed it RGB Scart and also a RGB-VGA feed (via a new QED powered converter - tidy with it)...direct from a Skybox, rather than a splitter.
    I ran through dozens of channels: news (studio and OB), footy on Eurosport etc etc. Scart RGB looked slightly better than VGA. I didn't do much playing with settings apart from dropping the brightness and colour down a few pegs.
    I didn't see any major issues apart from some low Quality broadcast, but, even the OB on BBC News and Skynews was good. The worst I saw was a programme showing a clip from Eastenders....pretty bad, but, it looked like a tape of a tape (if that makes sense)
    Considering where I was with it last weekend, today's viewing couldn't have been better.
    I'll post my home findings in a few days. It'll take me most of the weekend to get it hung/wired properly

Rgds

Nick

4. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ..and I got a very good deal too. This is partly due to the 5 years of history I have with my local 7Oakes, but, also I think Fuji have done them all a good deal to get them all to take a couple of HHA's in store to launch. This gave my man more room to move on price for the unit he had in stock.

Just need the component video card (due tuesday) and a converter from DrJ.
    The scart card is no good to me as I'd get no SVHS or composite....just BNC component, DVI and VGA. This way I get both DVD and Sky going in as component, and still have VGA, S and Comp spare.

Off to buy some bolts in the morning

JMack, don't worry, I'll post the pictures as soon as I can :D

Rgds

Nick

5. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oi dont be cheeky

my old man got the old fuji 4242 if this is anything like that one it will be impressive

6. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Well Done ncpl,

Will you be wall mounting and if so, are you using the Unicol or Fujitu's own bracket. If you are using Fujitsu's own, how much was it?

Good luck with your new toy.

Simon

7. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Simon, Yes I'll be wall mounting onto plaster/breeze block. Cables can go straight out the back into the garage...no mess.

Am going to use a bracket made by Future Automation (?who?). The guys in 7 Oakes say they use them on all their installs. It looks like slightly less than 20mm flat. I'll confirm that when it's up.

Cost was said to be about £200, but, I had a bundled price for the whole lot so don't know what I actually paid for it. Nowhere near £200 though.

Will be out to get some large bolts this morning....will let you know what the local DIY advise (main worry is about expanding in the breeze block and splitting it)

Rgds

Nick

8. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    ncpl
    Unfortunately 2 thing happened to me, 1) I moved away from the 7Oaks store I have used for 4 years, 2) the staff I knew moved, oh well.
    I still can not argue about the after sales service, one store I spoke to recently were offering a 4242 at a great price because of one faulty pixel that they had been stuck with.
    I would love to wall mount mine, (when I finally see one properly to choose !), but I'm rubbish at DIY.
    Stand mount should be good, but why do the stands cost over £250 ?
    One question, why SKY in as component, surely this is no major advantage over RGB Scart?

Enjoy your viewing,

Steve :)

9. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Speaking of great service, 7 Oakes dropped off my 12m BNC cables tonight at my home...saving me a trip to Reading. OK, so the guy lives round the corner, but, they don't have to do that. Much appreciated.

I expect to get the screen fired up tomorrow.

Why no RGB Scart ? Well, if you take the scart board...that's all it is. You won't therefore, have composite and SVHS available. VGA and Component BNC is standard. That's OK if you can switch everything via a scart box somwhere.

With the component board, I get an extra set of component (RCA), an SVHS and composite....as well as the standard comp BNC and VGA. It leaves me with far more options for camcorder, PC, games etc. The RGB scart on SKY was great though, so, it's not a PQ issue...just connections.

Will let you know how it goes.

Rgds

Nick