1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji s7000

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by andy2000, Aug 26, 2004.

1. andy2000

andy2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having had my original digital camera for a few years I'm now in the market for an upgrade. I've had a look at a few cameras and would like something with 5x or greater optical zoom. I quite like the Fuji as it seems to be feature packed and reasonably priced.

Are there any other cameras which I should consider?

I also recently saw a picture taken on the underground where the train looks like it's moving but the person on the platform is still, which I believe is a result of over exposure.

Is the Fuji capable of such shots? It looks like a feature I would like to use.

Thanks

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    Have a look at this list here I use the Olympus 765 which is 10 times optical, review here,

And a Fuji 7000 here.

The result would be to take the picture at a slow shutter speed rather than over exposure. Most cameras that allow you to go into manual mode to alter the shutter speed will do this.

3. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Garrett is spot on mate, the person would have had to stay still for the length of the shutter speed (probably around 1-2 secs) so they themselves were not blurred. THe effect could have been achieved using bracketed flash but by the sounds of it the lenghtier shutter speed alone would have done the job.
    The S7000 is capable of long shutter speeds but then again so are most cameras in that range, I would also consider looking into the Nikon 5700 and the Minolta A1, although personally I have had some good experiences with the Nikon.
    Alternatively as Garrett says the Olympus 765 is a nifty little camera indeed,if you are happy to sacrifice the resolution of the S7000, then the Olympus is certianly worth considering, as is the Panasonic FZ10 with (a 12x optical zoom and 4mp). There is also an FZ20 en route.