Fuji s602

sparkybun

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience of the aforementioned. I would really like some feedback on the video capabilities, since it appears to do 640x480 VGA. This seems rather good for a digital camera. Oh, I suppose some feedback on the quality of the Pics would be useful also!! How does the 'AV cable' supplied work?

Thanks

Mel

Hiya Sparky,

I have a 602 and can vouch for it's quality VGA video - it really is very good for a digicam. The only problems with it are;

1 - No zoom available whilst filming. You have to stop filming, adjust zoom then carry on :confused:

2 - The iris is quite noisy in the 602 when it changes aperture (from low light to good light, etc) and the microphone picks this up quite well indeed! :thumbsdow

3 - 112 seconds fills a 128mb card :mad:

4 - It only works to the capacity of the memory card if you use SmartMedia or a Microdrive and NOT Compact Flash cards. CF tends to "stall" after about 15-30 seconds - they can't keep up with the data rate.

5 - Dedicated video cameras are still better for less than the cost of the 602.

If you want to see some samples of the photographs it can take, just do a search for s602z on http://www.pbase.com and you'll find loads.

Hope this helps,

Ian.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom