1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji s602

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by sparkybun, Feb 28, 2003.

1. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi all,

Does anyone have experience of the aforementioned. I would really like some feedback on the video capabilities, since it appears to do 640x480 VGA. This seems rather good for a digital camera. Oh, I suppose some feedback on the quality of the Pics would be useful also!! How does the 'AV cable' supplied work?

Thanks

Mel

2. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hiya Sparky,

I have a 602 and can vouch for it's quality VGA video - it really is very good for a digicam. The only problems with it are;

1 - No zoom available whilst filming. You have to stop filming, adjust zoom then carry on :confused:

2 - The iris is quite noisy in the 602 when it changes aperture (from low light to good light, etc) and the microphone picks this up quite well indeed! :thumbsdow

3 - 112 seconds fills a 128mb card :mad:

4 - It only works to the capacity of the memory card if you use SmartMedia or a Microdrive and NOT Compact Flash cards. CF tends to "stall" after about 15-30 seconds - they can't keep up with the data rate.

5 - Dedicated video cameras are still better for less than the cost of the 602.

If you want to see some samples of the photographs it can take, just do a search for s602z on http://www.pbase.com and you'll find loads.

Hope this helps,

Ian.