1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji S304

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by WBC, Aug 4, 2003.

1. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I've just purchased a Fuji Finepix S304. Not what I was originally after but in my opinion was too good a price too miss.

Can anyone please tell me the best place (online or otherwise) to get a case for the camera???

Are there any specific types of rechargeable AA batteries I should be looking for and where is the best place to purchase (with a recharger)??????

Thanks
    Stace :D

2. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Hello Stace,

For the batteries have a look at 7dayshop The set with charger and 4x 2000 mah batteries looks OK. That charger has a car lead, could be useful.

For cases, look at Lowepro, the D-res AW range with the all weather cover are good, Jessops usually have a good range.

Mark.

3. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for a quick reply.

Whats the difference between 2000 mAh and 2200 mAh??

Are there any benefits to the 2200??? I will go for the charger as you suggested but thought it might be worth buying an extra four batteries while I'm at it?!?!?!?!

Thanks

4. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Hello Stace,

The 2200 mAh will last a little bit longer than 2000 mAh, so worth buying if they do not cost too much more,

hope that helps,

Mark.

5. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Stace, everything said so far is bang on. that charger on 7day is nearly the same as mine. its dead useful having the ability to plug in a mains or car charger. the other important thing is NI-CAD or NI-MH. NI-CAD batteries arent that great for photography, or high current applications. NI-MH are better at that, the 7day pack recommended above is NI-MH. when you use them, be aware that they discharge themselves whilst sat on your shelves, so charge them before you want to use them, and have some regular alkaline batteries handy (they dont discharge on their own - at least not for a long time! :D).

Chris

6. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Thanks for the input. I have bought the charger from 7day shop. Also purchased another 8 2200 batteries, giving me a total of 12 (didn't realise they discharged themselves!!!)

How long do these batteries take to discharge if not being used?????

Thanks

7. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    its not that quick a discharge.. i have some in my camera and even after a month or two of little to no use, it still turns on. it wont last as long as fully charged batteries but hey. that gives you some idea. i just wanted you to know that fully charged NI-MHs sat on your table wont give you the runtime you expect after, say 2 months of doing nothing, so that at that critical moment, you arent left with a flashing red LED and a missed shot!

8. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris

Thanks for the response, I bought 12 thinking that if fully charged just before a holiday, they should get me through the fortnight (even using the lcd display).

I'm guessing that's a fair assumption?!?!?!?

9. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    yeah that'll work fine. going somewhere nice?

the s304 will always use an LCD display on account of the internal viewfinder being one too. my gf has one actually, and it seems really good on batteries. im guessing you arent going anywhere freezing cold (batteries dont like the cold and expire much quicker) so you should be fine, but i would still take a backup pack of 8 AAs to be sure. if you are going somewhere where you can readily get at mains power, then you can take your charger and you'll be right as rain :smashin:

10. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just pre-empting a last minute 'week in the sun for a £tonne :zonked: '

Thanks Again