Fuji s1600 12mp bridge camera on QVC TSV.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
but is it any good?
Won't be as "good" as a DSLR - smaller sensor and no intercahngeable lenses and no RAW mode but will be much better than a P&S Compact - larger sensor - great optical zoom.

As it says it's a "Bridge" camera that bridges between the other two formats.

I also own a Finepix s9600 Bridge model as well as a P&S Olympus compact and a Sony DSLR and the Bridge model is very good at what it does but not as good as a DSLR and I would recommend them for someone who's not goint to get into changing lenses but wants more creative options tha a current compact may offer.

Pity it doesn't shoot RAW though.... (my model does)

HTH

JIm

trewandy

Standard Member
I have just ordered one from qvc , but can,t see it anywhere on fuji web site. i have googled it as well but for some reason not much info on there either. Is it because it is a very new model just been released or what.:lease: Help. Andy.

Escaped Madman

Standard Member
Hi Andy

The product is brand new - it's not even on Fuji's own website yet. The Fuji representative on QVC had only had his evaluation/example camera 3 days prior to it appearing on QVC.

Regards
Mark.

trewandy

Standard Member
Hi Andy

The product is brand new - it's not even on Fuji's own website yet. The Fuji representative on QVC had only had his evaluation/example camera 3 days prior to it appearing on QVC.

Regards
Mark.
:smashin: Thanks for that Mark , guess i was jumping the gun a little then . Andy :D

Escaped Madman

Standard Member
I think I saw this in Argos yesterday for £149?
Unlikely. They [QVC] were very clear in pointing out that they had all available stock up until March this year.

I know that even QVC sold out and they were taking advance orders which would not be delivered until w/c 22nd March.

QVC and Fuji have a very good relationship and Fuji often launch their latest cameras on this channel. I would guess that part of this deal is the exclusivity that QVC asks for.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Unlikely. They [QVC] were very clear in pointing out that they had all available stock up until March this year.

I know that even QVC sold out and they were taking advance orders which would not be delivered until w/c 22nd March.

QVC and Fuji have a very good relationship and Fuji often launch their latest cameras on this channel. I would guess that part of this deal is the exclusivity that QVC asks for.
Probably this model he saw :-

Buy Fuji S1730 12MP Camera - Black. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

JIm

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom