Fuji P50XHA40US vs Pio 506XDE

dilsher said:
You dont need to even look at any other comnbination if you have 7k to burn..if you have less tahn and only than would i even consider an HD8 plus Lumagen.

The Fujii is great naked ..but as pple have pointed out with a decent scaler its in another universe. Ask Liam or Gordon, they set up and calibrated my outfit and its Home Cinema perfection. I wont need to upgrade until for the next decadel. The Panel and video processing wehn High Defintion arrivs will see to that..

xxx

The next decade, you are having a laff :)

I'll give it 18months, then it woll be 1080p (in da house) ;)

I was going to say, the Lumagen will be outdated in a year or two, as will the iscan, Crystalio etc. etc.

1080 Per pixel deinterlacing will be here within a month or so, not 10 years!

gizlaroc said:
I was going to say, the Lumagen will be outdated in a year or two, as will the iscan, Crystalio etc. etc.

1080 Per pixel deinterlacing will be here within a month or so, not 10 years!
Well, the Lumagens will get proper 1080i film deinterlacing through a free software update (however, that was promised months and months ago). So for movie/film, the Lumagen might not be outdated so fast. However, for video deinterlacing I think the Lumagens were already outdated last year! Basically Faroudja based deinterlacers always outclassed any SIL504 processors in video deinterlacing...

RobbieTT

Good try mate :D

I am not planning a special price for the new Pioneers - the software was hugely expensive and though it significantly speeds up the colour temperature analysis / correction this is only one part of an ISF calibration.

Thanks Piers!

Well I watched Kingdom of heaven tonight on the Fuji and it was amazing, jaw-dropping gorgeous at times. When this panel is fed quality material it really shines, I would love to marry it with a Scaler if only I hadn't over-spent my budget. :)

Well,

What a predicament. :confused:

Which is best?

The 50" Fuji fed by a Lumagen?

Or................

The 50" Panny fed by a Lumagen?

Or...............

The same?

Regards, Gerald.

Nick

Get off the Juice!

You are dreaming. :boring:

You have not won the lottery! :devil: Yet.

Cheers, Gerald. ;)

Out of those I would probably go for the Fuji+Lumagen if you have the cash, but Piers/Gordon/Joe/MAW/Liam would be better people to ask as I have not seen the 8 series. :)

3) Posterisation/Banding. What should be smooth gradients of colour can show as stepped gradients instead (imagine a 256 colour .GIF as an extreme example or look at http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1755756#post1755756). Again this is most noticeable on Sky+ but is also noticeable on DVD as well as HD feeds from the PC @ Native Res (over DVI).
Rating: 7/10
Annoyance factor: 7

Is the PHD8 any better in this regard? Is this something to do with 10, 12, or 14 bit input sampling?

Dura. :)

I saw some banding again last night, it is only the second time I have noticed it since I got the PHD6, however I also have a Crystalio and now have the 50PHD8.
It was while watching some sign language thing on tv at 1am this morning and as the sun was setting and the sky went from blue to red there was a slight banding just for a split second.

I would say it is nothing to do with 10, 12 or 14 bit input sampling, the hdmi input has 14 bit and looks worse.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom