1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuji Finepix Viewer problems

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by hollie.weimeran, Jun 8, 2005.

1. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Fuji S700 a few weeks ago and installed Finepix viewer to download the images. It's worked fine for a couple of weeks but this weekend has started freezing when I connect the camera to the PC.

There have been no major changes to my PC in the meantime

I have removed the software and reinstalled it without success. I have also further removed the software and attempted to delete every registry entry I can find. The re install still freezes. I can't find any info on Fuji's website and there do not appear to be any software updates available.

Any suggestions please (Other than go and buy a card reader!!!!!) :lease:

2. geofftelforduk

geofftelforduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Hi there, can I ask you why you are using FinePixViewer in particular?

OPTION 1
    I have been playing with Picasa 2 (Googles free image tool). I think its fantastic for a free tool. You can download it at www.picasa.com

It can be used to import images to specific directories etc as well as for touching up your digital images!

Give it a go and let me know what you think!

OPTION 2

I am presuming you are either using Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Either will allow the camera to Plug & Play! Your camera will more than likely appear as a Removable Disk in Windows Explorer from where you can copy and paste your images to your PC as if you where copying and pasting any other Windows file.

Let me know how you get on!

Thanks

3. MattB1

MattB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have finepix viewer and picasa2 and I agree with geofftelforduk that picasa2 is much better. The only time I use finepix viewer is for batch re-names as I don't you can do it in picasa.

Matt.

4. mr jones

mr jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    some fuji's dont allow this, my dads for example needs connection via software and wont show up as a removable disk

5. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Try using a card reader instead of connecting the camera to the PC. Faster and more versatile. I read mine using Canon software even though I have a Fuji camera.

6. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DOH!! :suicide: Sometimes the simplest solution just doesn't occur until someone points it out. The camera does appear as a removeable drive and all the images are available. Thanks :thumbsup:

PS Simon 100 - read the starter thread properly m8 - I don't want a card reader as it's just another item to clutter up the desk or install in the box :rolleyes:

7. geofftelforduk

geofftelforduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    hollie - I am glad I could be off some help to you!

Happy snapping!!